Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looking for a good Getrag 240 for my M42. Anyone have one for sale?

Comment

I need a good/unmolested E30 front subframe. Mine has broken swaybar tabs and while I'm going to reinforce it, I'd rather have it be "good" underneath the reinforcements.
      Had a line on one but he sold it.
      1988 325iC SOLD
      1985 524td 49k

Comment

Happy 4th everyone. I'm looking for a warehouse/garage to store my e30 (this is purely for parking, not wrenching). The warehouse I'm keeping my car at now is being turned into retail space, so my lease was terminated. I don't need 24/7 access as I drive the car roughly twice a month. Interested in anything between SF and north SJ, with preference towards SF (Oakland is fine too). PM me with what you've got.

Comment

Originally posted by raj View Post
          Happy 4th everyone. I'm looking for a warehouse/garage to store my e30 (this is purely for parking, not wrenching). The warehouse I'm keeping my car at now is being turned into retail space, so my lease was terminated. I don't need 24/7 access as I drive the car roughly twice a month. Interested in anything between SF and north SJ, with preference towards SF (Oakland is fine too). PM me with what you've got.
          this is what i use in the city. expensive, but not as expensive as a continuous stream of parking tickets.

past:
          1989 325is (learner shitbox)
          1986 325e (turbo dorito)
          1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
          1985 323i baur
          current:
          1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

Anyone have a Ground Control Spanner I can borrow? Just received my Apex Arc 8s, and I'm assuming I'll have to make some big adjustments to make things fit.
            1986 325e Maaco Black M62 Project [SOLD]
            2008 135i Alpinweiss III Cabriolet 6MT [SOLD]
            2013 Subaru WRX [SOLD]
            2011 BMW X5M [Daily]
            1991 318is Slicktop Diamantschwarz Metallic [Thread]
            1973 BMW R75/5 Toaster Tank [Summer Daily]

Comment

You should just get one from GC so that then you have it when you need it again later.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
              Transaction feedback
              - jpod999

Comment

So I had to drive through a wild fire on I-580 at the Altamont Pass last night coming home from Tahoe, that was not a pleasant experience. Traffic came to a standstill, then 1 person freaked and turned around to drive the wrong way down the shoulder. That caused everyone to panic and turn around on the highway, so it was 5 lanes going the wrong direction and 1 lane going correctly on a 4 lane highway. CHP was sitting there telling people to drive through it slowly and people were turning around right in front of him to go the wrong way.

I guess I was one of the last cars to get through before they shut it down for a couple of hours. Man that was scary. Fires on both sides of the road, the yellow plastic barrier protectors burning, the asphalt was so warm I left tire tracks....

Last edited by McGyver; 07-09-2018, 03:40 PM.
                sigpic
                1987 - 325i Convertible Delphin Auto [SOLD], 325i Convertible Delphin Manual [SOLD]
                1989 - 325i Convertible Bronzit m30b35 swapped [SCRAPPED], 325i Sedan Alpine Auto[DD]
                1991 - 325i Coupe Laguna Manual [Project], 535i Sedan Alpine [SCRAPPED]

Comment

Wow I’m glad you made it through! I live in Livermore and my mother in law sent us an article about that fire last night.

OBDI M62B44/6 swap
                  Transaction feedback
                  - jpod999

Comment

holy shoes, glad all is well!
                    1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

My dad, my brother-in-Law and I picked up this piece to turn into a track car.

It’s an 86 325. Plan is to get it running right enough to work out some kinks and get it on the track. If we really really hate the engine I’ll be looking for either an 885 head and associated stuff to make a stroker or a 2.5 m20 to swap in. We want to keep it pretty simple and with minimal modification as we’re gonna be looking to compete in champcar and lucky dog racing league.

Comment

Originally posted by Danny View Post
                        My dad, my brother-in-Law and I picked up this piece to turn into a track car.
                        Looks slow... but that could be from watching you at autox ;P
                        Much wow
                        I hate 4 doors

Comment

Well then it doesn’t really look slow... just loud and mostly out of control.

Comment

I think you're gonna want a bit more revs out of a race car

budget stroker?
                            1984 Delphin 318i 2 door

Comment

You may want to check the ChampCar rules before going that route.
                              Originally posted by kronus
                              would be in depending on tip slant and tube size

Comment

Hey NorCal friends. I'm working on having on my S50 swap BAR inspected and found the exhaust system I need, headers-to-tips, from a member in the Sacramento area but shipping is proving difficult and cost prohibitive. If anyone is driving through that area south towards San Diego with room for an exhaust system, please let me know if it can hitch a ride. Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X