Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TR-42 build. Non e30 content. Subaru powered.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's a few more pics

Comment

That is so sick!!!!

Project log -- DIRTY 30

2.7i * Megasquirt tuned * E85 powered

Comment

Got the shocks on, the steering stuff is started as well.

And the coolest picture so far:

Comment

Subscribed! This is motorsport heaven!

One question I have is why is the radiator so far from the engine and how are you going to route the coolant lines?
          Estoril E36 M3/4/5 | Toledo E53 X5 3.0 | LeMans E90 335D M-Sport

Comment

Whats with the massive spacer on the tie rid ends? That doesnt look like ideal loading.

Is the suspension all subaru parts?

Comment

Originally posted by GaryE30 View Post
              Subscribed! This is motorsport heaven!

One question I have is why is the radiator so far from the engine and how are you going to route the coolant lines?
              Thanks!

The coolant will run through tubes in the center tunnel just like a Porsche Boxster.

Originally posted by LivingLegend06 View Post
              Whats with the massive spacer on the tie rid ends? That doesnt look like ideal loading.

Is the suspension all subaru parts?
              Good eye. The spacer/adapter is there to get the correct bump steer geometry because we are using a 911 steering rack. The tie rod location must be raised 77mm from the point it was on the Solstice (Pontiac Solstice a arms.) There's a 5/8" thick bolt running through the adapter and it is also bolted to the upright. See pic below

Also, tail lights are now mounted!

Comment

just finished doing the head gaskets on my ej25 in my 1996 subaru legacy

Comment

Good God, I can't believe I haven't clicked on this thread until now. This thing will be a blast when it's all done.

Comment

Sub'd!!

Comment

Originally posted by 325ix View Post
                      Good God, I can't believe I haven't clicked on this thread until now. This thing will be a blast when it's all done.
                      +1

Seeing this picture makes me want to liquidate a bunch of toys to fund a project.

My 1989 e30 s52 Touring... this is Betty

My 1989 325i vert (sold)...this is Nina

My 1991 M5 (sold)... this is Veronica

Photo comparison: OEM vs aftermarket windscreen for a convertible

Comment

Excellent work and attention to detail. Keep it coming. What are your plans with the car? SCCA racing or auto-x monster?

Comment

Thanks guys :)

We plan on taking it to a few tracks somewhat local. It will be doing auto-x as well :)

It will be CA street legal so it will be mostly street driven

Comment

Sway bars

Comment

Originally posted by jaywood;
                              Good eye. The spacer/adapter is there to get the correct bump steer geometry because we are using a 911 steering rack. The tie rod location must be raised 77mm from the point it was on the Solstice (Pontiac Solstice a arms.) There's a 5/8" thick bolt running through the adapter and it is also bolted to the upright. See pic below

Looks much safer with that extra bracket on there. The front hubs appear to be splined for axles, so those cant be solstice parts. What are all your different suspension components coming from?

Im excited to see it in road legal trim. Have you picked out tires and wheels yet?
                              Last edited by LivingLegend06; 11-23-2012, 10:07 PM.

Comment

Actually the Solstice/sky like the Corvette does have splined front hubs. There is only one part number for all four hubs.

Comment

Working...
                                X