Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom Cast and Powder Coated Trunk Badges!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll take a black chrome turbo one.....do they already have double side tape on them?
    1997 Artic Silver M3
    CES GT4094r 651hp/615tq @ 24 psi

Comment

no they don't. they can be either taped or glued on. I sent some skidmark ones out and I saw that some of them were put on with spray adhesive too.

Ill get a turbo ready to go for you
      84 325m50
      87 325is
      01 325i

Custom Cast and Powder Coated Trunk Badges FOR SALE 327, 330, 332, 335, 340

Comment

I'm actually interested to hear how those that have purchased them have mounted them....obviously, I don't want to ruin the paint and even if i have to trace it onto 3M double sided take I will, just curious what has worked so far through car washing, etc.
        1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

I've used clear silicone to mount a oe one. It's been on there for a good year so far.
          Originally posted by Andy.B
          Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
          1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
          ~~~~~~~~~~
          I was born on 3/25…
          ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

I used some thick double sided tape to put a skidmark one on my wife's car back around x-mas and it's been through a lot this winter. I'll locate what it was when I get to work tomorrow. 3m also makes a trim and emblem adhesive. I had a tube at work if I can find it I'll include that info as well
            84 325m50
            87 325is
            01 325i

Comment

this is the emblem adhesive I have here at the shop. once the sun comes out and its not so cold ill go glue one to my car and run it through the car wash this afternoon to see what happens.

this is the double sided tape I used to put the one on my wifes car. this one has already been through the car wash more than once and has been through inches of snow and salt and below freeszing temps. still sitting on there pretty.

sorry I didn't include this info up front, but I think any good double sided tape or glue/weather strip adhesive should be able to hold it in place.
              84 325m50
              87 325is
              01 325i

Comment

I just want to make sure 1) it will stick and 2) I don't see the adhesive in between the letters
                1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

if it sticks it fits

so I glued this turbo badge to my trunk this morning. I used that trim adhesive and then some masking tape to hold it in place. after about an hour it was stuck on good enough to take the tape off and after a few hours its on there solid. Ill run it through a car wash on my way home and see what happens. as you can tell I didn't even wipe the surface of the paint off and it still stuck. How much adhesive you would see between the letters would be all about how its put on. If you put giant globs on the badge and squish it on there your obviously gonna have aesthetics issues but if you take your time and apply just enough to stick it on there you shouldn't have any problems.

I actually wanted to put this on the left side of the trunk but didn't want to take my sticker off so I put it next to the 325 and it actually looks pretty cool. My car is NOT turboed so if anyone lives around York pa Im the poser in the red car lol

in case you cant tell my Is badge is missing...that's cuz I took it off to make them for you guys ;) the sacrifices I have to make these days.....lol
                  84 325m50
                  87 325is
                  01 325i

Comment

Great, I'll be sending you paypal shortly....my turbo will go on the left side
                    1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

ok cool. I powdercoated one for you last night Ill get it in the mail asap. Thanks If you have any problems just let me know and ill help however I can.
                      84 325m50
                      87 325is
                      01 325i

Comment

Great, paypal sent!
                        1997 Artic Silver M3

Comment

Looks great!
                          My E30 v1.0 | v2.0 | v3.0 | My E28 |My E34 | My feedback

Comment

Last night I was experimenting with powder coating some more pieces and I made something that I thought was pretty cool. Im not exactly sure how it happened and I typically throw this stuff out but one of the pieces came out looking like a wrinkle finish.

I tried to take some pictures but it was hard to capture the effect. I only have one of these and probably cant duplicate it, but I figured I would put it up on here at a discount before I tossed it back into the furnace. If anyone is interested in it let me know. $20 shipped
                            84 325m50
                            87 325is
                            01 325i

Comment

Bro!!! I got mine today. Very nice! Absolutely a steal. Packaged with great care. Would recommend to anyone. Made with pride in the USA.
                              Originally posted by Andy.B
                              Whenever I am about to make a particularly questionable decision regarding a worryingly cheap diy solution, I just ask myself, "What would Ether-D do?"
                              1987 325iS m30b34 Muscle car (Engine electrical phase)
                              ~~~~~~~~~~
                              I was born on 3/25…
                              ~~~~~~~~~~

Comment

Awesome!!! glad you like them and thanks for the kind words... I wanna see some pics :)
                                84 325m50
                                87 325is
                                01 325i

Comment

Working...
                                X