Vickers to ZF Power Steering Pump

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vickers to ZF Power Steering Pump

My car came with a Vickers pump. While rebuilding the car I had rebuilt the Vickers pump. When I got the car running, I'm pretty confident there is something wrong with the pump and it's not working. Now that the vast majority of the E30s have the ZF pump, I'd like to swap to that.

I know they're not interchangeable, I want to make sure that I get a pump that has the brackets on it that I need. Does this pump have all the brackets to remove my Vickers and install this? I assume the aluminum bracket that bolts to the block stays the same?

I attached the photo of my current pump. Does the ZF pump use the same brackets that bolts to the aluminum bracket?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by gilber33; 10-10-2018, 08:15 AM.

I guess in case this comes up for other people. The ZF pump bolts up as long as it has the brackets that are physically bolted to the pump itself. The brackets on the car side are the same.

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
      I guess in case this comes up for other people. The ZF pump bolts up as long as it has the brackets that are physically bolted to the pump itself. The brackets on the car side are the same.
      since you have pump laying around, can you please check if it has any lateral shaft play? just want to make sure that my pump is ok

Comment

Originally posted by zaq123 View Post
        since you have pump laying around, can you please check if it has any lateral shaft play? just want to make sure that my pump is ok

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...d.php?t=426257
        I mean, I can, but this pump was confirmed to be bad and non functional, I'm not sure you'd want to use it as an example to check if yours is ok.

The one thats out is also a Vickers pump which is different than a ZF pump. You didnt say which you had, but if it's a ZF, I wouldnt compare it to a Vickers.

Comment

Originally posted by gilber33 View Post
          I mean, I can, but this pump was confirmed to be bad and non functional, I'm not sure you'd want to use it as an example to check if yours is ok.

The one thats out is also a Vickers pump which is different than a ZF pump. You didnt say which you had, but if it's a ZF, I wouldnt compare it to a Vickers.

I got vickers . Thank you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
          X