Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what happens when your water pump breaks?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

what happens when your water pump breaks?

obviously it over heats. I've just had my car over heat tonight, and it seems to me that what cause it to over heat was the water pump breaking. I let it cool off and filled it with coolant, but couldn't go very far without it over heating again so thats my only guess.

You might be better served having someone that knows at least a little bit about cars check the usual suspects .

E30 M3 / E30 325is / E34 525iT / E34 535i

Comment

well thats what I'm asking, how do you diagnose a broken water pump before removing it?

Comment

so removed my thermostat, seems to be broken with an acorn stuck in the housing, luckily my parts are spossed to arrive today so I should be able to get this back together pretty quickly. I was worried that this could turn into a timing belt without much planning pretty quickly

Comment

How did you get an acorn in your t-stat housing??

Do squirrels around your area like the taste of ethylene glycol?
          Jay

Comment

I'm not sure, but Im now worried that the cats will get in the garage and drink it.....got the waterpump/alt belt back on and something happened and bent my water pump pully. got any suggestions? I now have to buy a new water pump pully.

Comment

Was the pulley bent before you started working on it? or did you bend it in the process of repairing? If it was bent before I would pull it off to see if the water pump seized.

Comment

Originally posted by abepark View Post
                I'm not sure, but Im now worried that the cats will get in the garage and drink it.....got the waterpump/alt belt back on and something happened and bent my water pump pully. got any suggestions? I now have to buy a new water pump pully.
                been there, i had to replace it, ask a guy with a parts car for one
                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Originally posted by TimKninja
                Im more afraid of this thread turning into one of those classic R3v moments, where Pizza gets delivered.

Comment

Working...
                X