• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Balleristic31 View Post
    Lol let’s do it!
    You're in LA, right?

My shop is by the 605/Carson.
    Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

I need to get my A/C working... luckily I have a few weeks until it starts getting hot
      Simon
      Current Cars:
      -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Is your car running r134?
        Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

probably not, its all original. My guess is that it stopped working and that was the end of it for the car as far as functioning A/C goes.
          Simon
          Current Cars:

Comment

Originally posted by 2mAn View Post
            probably not, its all original. My guess is that it stopped working and that was the end of it for the car as far as functioning A/C goes.

-NICK

Comment

I wish I could!
              Simon
              Current Cars:

Comment

if i have a spare tank, I can save the R12 and we can put it in your car.

Comment

Not not BMW related but I swapped the cab on my truck today. It no longer has a salvage title and I've still spent less then $1000 on it. 1996 Chevy 1500 4x4 with a clean title $500, totaled by insurance = check for $3,500, 1996 GMC 1500 4x4 cab with clean title = $350. Total profit? New truck and I spent about $2,000 of free money on the e30. New stereo, tires, oil change, trim pieces, lip, led bulbs, renown steering wheel, shift boot, and quite a few things I can't remeber.

Now here's pics of the cab swap. I didn't get a photo of the new cab on as it was dark by the time we finished for the day.

What the truck looked like the day I bought it in November before my insurance "totaled" it for some cosmetic damage.

Comment

I wish I could!
                    If you want to stick with the r12 I have an almost full tank if you have someone to charge it. Nothing in my fleet is r12 anymore so it never gets used so I can spare some.

Comment

oooo looks like Ima have some cold ass A/C soon :)
                      Simon
                      Current Cars:

Comment

You should vacuum test it first, to diagnose why there isn't any left in there. You may have working A/C in February but not in July

Also, this is today. Come party!

Currently building a badass coffee table
                        Random stuff on insta @kevanromero

Comment

For 3 years I dealt with the squeak and creak of my rear end assuming it's the poly trailing arm bushings; just replaced my old rear sway links and the noise is gone.
                          It was making the same noise when I was muscling the links off my sway bar.
                          Dammit I wish I replaced them sooner. The noise was so annoying.

1991 325iS turbo

Comment

Damn I wonder if that’s what it was on the Aluminum Monster too...
                            Simon
                            Current Cars:

Comment

I just got my A/C fixed on my e30. Apperantly mine had been converted to R134 but these guys that I went to were willing to refill it with R12 when I first called. The name of the place is Lynns Auto Air in Downey. Ask for Ben, he was pretty straight forward in telling me what I needed.

Specialties: Auto Temperature controls or standard, we can service almost anything on the road. For over 30 years, we have brought comfort to our customers. Lynn's stocks thousands of parts and can repair any part of the system. We are fully trained and certified in repairs and in service. Established in 1974. "I started working with Lynn in 1971 at another shop," he said. "Then from 1976 to 1980, I ran three ARA factory stores in Southern California, and Lynn was one of my distributors. In May of 1980, Lynn told me he wanted to sell the shop and said, 'Why don't you buy this thing?' and I said OK."
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Luke Girard View Post
                                Not not BMW related but I swapped the cab on my truck today. It no longer has a salvage title and I've still spent less then $1000 on it. 1996 Chevy 1500 4x4 with a clean title $500, totaled by insurance = check for $3,500, 1996 GMC 1500 4x4 cab with clean title = $350. Total profit? New truck and I spent about $2,000 of free money on the e30. New stereo, tires, oil change, trim pieces, lip, led bulbs, renown steering wheel, shift boot, and quite a few things I can't remeber.

Now here's pics of the cab swap. I didn't get a photo of the new cab on as it was dark by the time we finished for the day.

What the truck looked like the day I bought it in November before my insurance "totaled" it for some cosmetic damage.

That's alot of work. Glad it worked out for you.
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Working...
                                X