e30 stories

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

e30 stories

i was just curious if you guys have any cool stories of interactions with people simply because of your e30.

this past summer my girlfriend and i wanted to try this new burger joint in the hyde park area of tampa. we were getting out of the car in the parking lot when a worker comes out of the restaurant back door and immediately exclaims, "sickkkk e30 dude!" we shot the shit for a few minutes and i answered his questions. my girlfriend was being silly and suggested he hook us up with some food. unexpectedly, he said we could have anything we want on him! we both got nice value meals completely free simply because he liked my car!

other than that, i mainly just get randoms approach me to ask questions and sometimes even take pictures.
    Last edited by rich4rdee; 11-16-2014, 05:49 PM.

See sig link.

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

I sold my convertible a few years back and immediately drove up the coast to Seattle with two strippers (though I didn't know they were strippers until half way into the trip). If it wasn't for my e30, I would have never met those girls.

God bless them. God bless them so so much.
      world renown Harry Potter expert
      sigpic

Comment

I would love to have an awesome story of how I threesomed some hot college chicks in my car and then railed some cocaine by now, but the e30 is not a Ferrari. So instead I have random guys asking me questions about suspension, good enough I guess.

Originally posted by blunttech
        Dude this is r3v. 20 bucks gets you a used timing belt or a low mileage head gasket

Comment

Took my red vert out yesterday and has a guy in a red vert just like mine beep at me, it was like i was looking in a store window. I never got anything for free, but people do ask questions, shoot the shit etc. I got more attention in my static slammed s10 though :/

Comment

I still remember this just because it was so random and cool... Some months after I bought my car in '08 I was at a light and a guy pulled up next to me honking and making a commotion about how nice and clean my car was. This was the first "nice" car I'd ever had so I wasn't used to somebody making a fuss. The guy was driving an NSX. We chatted for a moment until the green light but I didn't really know what to say. I guess he had an e30 some years ago and missed it. All I could think of was "dude, you have an NSX!" He took off when the light changed and his car sounded wonderful. :up:
            -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
            '95 525iT
            '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
            '98 Disco 1

Comment

I pulled a bird on a Wednesday night (student night) and railed the crap out of her in the back of the E30 outside the bar I'd pulled in.

A few of the people outside noticed and started cheering, I can only assume they noticed my super sweet E30, and then noticed the super sweet piece of ass getting waxed on the back seat.

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
              RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

^ray - your a student? Wow - I always pictured you as a perverted 50 year old dude. ;)

I out ran the cops once.

True story - that's me.
                Originally posted by Matt-B
                hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

^^^^^
                  That was a kid right, didn't he steal it from his dad and then actually get away, to get caught later

So you grew up fast I guess?

Originally posted by Ray Smoodiver View Post
                  I pulled a bird on a Wednesday night (student night) and railed the crap out of her in the back of the E30 outside the bar I'd pulled in.

A few of the people outside noticed and started cheering, I can only assume they noticed my super sweet E30, and then noticed the super sweet piece of ass getting waxed on the back seat.
                  I couldn't imagine fucking in an e30 and the back seat, power to ya!!! I always figured the front passenger seat would be the way to go but I have also never had much of a interior

Comment

No one knows the age of the driver. Yes, they didn't catch him until later. The end of where his "Bavarian bimmer broke down" is a slow mo of him crossing the center divide mid-chase and made too look like the cops got him. (replay of a part you can see - it's the same footage - they faked it) - they edited it to make the cops looks good(that TV show was a promo for police). They never "caught him" until they got him at home IIRC. No one has any info if he was prosecuted. It's been discussed he 1000 times before - just FYI.
                    Originally posted by Matt-B
                    hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                      ^ray - your a student? Wow - I always pictured you as a perverted 50 year old dude. ;)
                      Story happened when I was 20 :o

I am 29 now ;D

SILBER COMBAT UNIT DELTA (M-Technic Marshal)
                      RTFM:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=56950

Comment

When i was 16 a few friends and I went to look at a e30 i saw for sale on craigs list, long story short i bought the car and as he was taking his stuff out of the trunk i saw he had a chrome 9mm gun in his pocket, he claimed he was a "security guard" when i asked about it. I didnt belive it for a second because we where in Hartford ct and he was driving a lifted youkon on 24" wheels.

M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Just today i was riding my bike through berlin and saw this old timer with a 325is parked out on the street, hood up, trunk open, giving the old car a bit of service. Went over to have a look and tell him nice e30, got chatting, showed him a pic of mine.
                          His names Gerard, Turns out he's owned the car here in berlin for 25 years. Bought it "used" from a dealership in '91. It's missing the rear bumper skirt which was stolen, and has some key marks and dents, but its all very original, and pretty neat! nice leather sport interior /mtech1 wheel, manual etc.
                          Very nice guy, more than happy to have a chat (even in half german/english!) great to meet people like that. In any country!

e30 ftw.

from my instagram: jrobtron

R.H.D
                          M-technic I club

Comment

When I moved to California earlier this year, I ran into some issues in the Colorado Rockies where all of my coil packs developed bad stress cracks. Probably from prolonged use and the altitude, they were quite old anyways.

While staying with a friend we diagnosed the initial problem and set out to find some used ones. Met up with a guy off CL who was parting an E36. Told him what was going on and I was a bit stuck and he sold me the 4 he had for $10each to help me out. Replaced a few of them but then about 2 hours out of Denver, 1 of the remaining two popped. I pulled over and had my hood up in a parking lot when I look up to see another E36 pulling in. We chatted for a bit and he called a few of his friends to see if they had any spares around, no luck. I patched the cracked coil with some electrical tape which held for abit. Then around Vail, CO the last remaining one cracked. I pulled into a wal-mart and figured the best bet was to coat them all in two-part epoxy as it would seal the cracks and stop them arching off the manifold and causing a misfire.

I pulled to the back of the lot, pulled all 6, even the newer ones and coated the hell out of them with the epoxy. While waiting for it to dry, I had kicked back, grabbed a snack and was enjoying the scenery when a minivan and a guy got out and asked if I needed help. He was another E30 guy who had moved to the mountains. We chatted for a bit, he offered help but I said I should be good. He hung out till they dried and took off.

It was pretty refreshing that everywhere I went, fellow BMW people were so eager to help someone out. I hope someday I can return the favor.
                            91 318is M50 swapped
                            05 Honda Pilot

24V swap thread
                            http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=302524

Comment

I bought my e30 based on an article I read about 6 years ago on Bimmer magazine. It basically stated that E30s were going to go up in value so better get one now (2008). So I did. Prices then were around $3-$4k for a clean stock version. Today, i've seen that same condition car go for around $5k-$6k. By far, this has been the best chassis I've owned, not just in terms of actual car, but because of the community that supports it.

Comment

Working...
                              X