Csb broke AGAIN!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Csb broke AGAIN!!

The csb broke again in less than 1 month. I think i have a unbalanced driveshaft. Anybody got any ideas?

If your driveshaft was that unbalanced I'm sure you'd be feeling a bunch of vibration. It would be like the Monster Garage female org... aaah nevermind.

How are the tranny / engine mounts or the rear diff mounts?

Comment

diff mounts i dunno Tranny and motor mounts are brand new. Im thinking off buying anther driveshaft balncing it, and a new diff bushing.

Comment

anybody got any other ideas?

Comment

Did you check the condition of all the u-joints when you last replaced it? That's what killed mine twice now. How are you planning on balancing a driveshaft on your own, I imagine it's got to be pretty specialized equipment to do that. I'm picking up a rebuilt one that comes balanced for $325 this weekend...

Comment

naw ima take it to a shop to get it balanced. But how do you know if the u joints are good or not?

Comment

This is something I just confirmed myself. They should be really nice and loose. Under no circumstances should they be tough to move or have any 'clicking'. They should be loose enough to flop around under their own weight on a removed driveshaft.

Comment

You might be preloading the bearing when you are installing it.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by Digitalwave
                  You might be preloading the bearing when you are installing it.
                  explain please.

Comment

Working...
                  X