$20 per vote

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

$20 per vote

We all hear about how much spending is being done on this election, but consider that number.

$20. For every vote.

Why the US presidential election will cost $2.5bn (£1.5bn) explained in three minutes.

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    We all hear about how much spending is being done on this election, but consider that number.

$20. For every vote.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20163081
    I would have given mine away for free. So I wonder if you allocated that to the number of voters that the advertising actually convinced, what the break down would be.
    sigpic

Comment

Consider 42 states get zero campaigning from the presidential candidates and it all goes to the 8 swing states, and within those 8 states all those ads are targeted only at the handfull swing voters. I wouldn't be surprised if, when you analyze the number of voters who are actually being targeted by that $2.5B, it would be closer to $10K per vote.

Comment

Mo money mo problems.

Comment

Consider 42 states get zero campaigning from the presidential candidates and it all goes to the 8 swing states, and within those 8 states all those ads are targeted only at the handfull swing voters. I wouldn't be surprised if, when you analyze the number of voters who are actually being targeted by that $2.5B, it would be closer to $10K per vote.
          Yeah.

It's fucking awesome that the election is decided by Iowa, Wisconsin, Ohio and New Hampshire.
          Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
          Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
          One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Here's a map of ad spending per voter dollars by the Obama and Romney campaigns (Does not include super PACs, 3rd party ads or other spending)

source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...rphed-by-money

Comment

Here's a map of ad spending per voter dollars by the Obama and Romney campaigns (Does not include super PACs, 3rd party ads or other spending)

source: http://www.npr.org/blogs/itsallpolit...rphed-by-money
              Thanks for the link, this kind of stuff is interesting even though it highlights exactly how fucked up our elections have become.

Comment

that's really cool / fucked up. the lady im dating works for a PAC and geeked out when i showed her it. heh.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

Working...
                X