The r3v motorcycle thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Very cool one off bikes

If you like custom bikes and have a thirst for horsepower, industrial designer Bill Webb is your man. Just send him your Honda CBR1000rr for a makeover.

Most streetfighter motorcycles are an assault on the eyeballs. But Bill Webb of Huge Moto has crafted a very classy Ninja 750.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
      ill be joining you guys soon enough at the trackdays, working on getting a track bike atm, sometimes ill take the repsol over to watch, but shes too pretty for the track :D
      I tossed the Duc down the track yesterday. No such thing as too pretty for the track :) Whoops. $330 in parts (not fixing the plastics) and we're good to go for next month. Moving to DOT slicks now though, done with street tires on the track.

91 318is - Gone
      16 VW GTI
      07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Really digging all the bikes and how many riders are on here. A few photos of my Triumph Thruxton:

Comment

Originally posted by TheTacoMan View Post
          Such a cool bike, the shop I used to work got one as a trade in. I sat on it quite a few times, must be one hell of a ride.

Its quite a blast to ride. I had it dyno'd a few months back after the Bren tune, and she puts down 197hp. to the ground. I wish I lived where there were more hills and open roads. One day though
          Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by RedReplicant View Post
            I tossed the Duc down the track yesterday. No such thing as too pretty for the track :) Whoops. $330 in parts (not fixing the plastics) and we're good to go for next month. Moving to DOT slicks now though, done with street tires on the track.
            Slicks suffer no fools, better money spent working on your skills.

The F4 (what I traded the E30 for) is in hibernation for the winter:

But I still have the Griso for the street.
            Im now E30less.
            sigpic

Comment

^^^ that is Purdy!
              Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

lol talk about keeping it in storage. she's a beauty!

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post

The F4 (what I traded the E30 for) is in hibernation for the winter:

But I still have the Griso for the street.
                  If I could fit my Repsol through my door (weird angles, aint happening) and I lived back in NY I'd do that same shit, but AZ is year round riding

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan Stewart View Post
                    ;) I've been around a few times.
                    Last edited by RedReplicant; 11-11-2014, 10:51 PM.
                    91 318is - Gone
                    16 VW GTI
                    07 Aprilia Tuono

Comment

Anyone ride a Yamaha FZ-07. Seriously considering one...

Originally posted by SpasticDwarf;n6449866
                      Honestly I built it just to have a place to sit and listen to Hotline Bling on repeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Downz View Post
                        If I could fit my Repsol through my door (weird angles, aint happening) and I lived back in NY I'd do that same shit, but AZ is year round riding
                        Thankfully its a slab home so I built a little 4" ramp and walk it through the kitchen to the living room. Only really need one 3 point turn. Just have to make sure tires are clean to protect the wood floors.

Its easy enough that I could get it back out in a warm snap in 5 minutes. I do ride year round but on the Griso. The MV is only good at going fast, which I don't like doing on cold pavement.

Its also a conversation piece for parties. Guys talk about it, girls straddle it, etc.
                        Im now E30less.
                        sigpic

Comment

Here's my bike. Good day.

Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Day 206: On the road, officially. by geoffp516, on Flickr
                            "Modern cars, they all look like electric shavers."
                            http://www.flickr.com/photos/bloodonthemotorway/sets/

sigpic

Comment

^ On the opposite end of the spectrum:

Came across that a couple weeks ago. I'm a Honda guy myself, got me a '76 CB500t awaiting cafe-ization.
                              '84 318i - Lapisblau/Schwarz (in cryosleep)
                              '06 330i - Titansilber/Schwarz

Comment

Originally posted by kway View Post

Came across that a couple weeks ago. I'm a Honda guy myself, got me a '76 CB500t awaiting cafe-ization.
                                I used to own one of those, bought it for 200 bux, guy tried to do some bobber bullshit with sewer piping for some sketchy homemade ape hangers

Just sold my R6 flip/side project to my old roommate, bought it for 1k, head on it was all cracked and JB welded, I have no clue how it ran. Originally had planned on making it my track bike, but it had a clean title, and figured I could make some profit on it. Threw a good head on it with some other odds and ends, and sold it to him. Gotta get him some new tires for it, but it's a solid bike, especially since he's coming from a ninja 250, great step up/thrasher bike that he wont have to worry about cosmetics etc.

Stoked I've got another friend to ride with now, and that it's going to a good home

Comment

Working...
                                X