Mark D chip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mark D chip

I've heard good I've heard bad, but no really definitive conclusion as to whether the chip helps. I've got an m20b25 with 17# injectors, will this chip be effective? I understand there's not gonna be significant gains, i.e pants bursting at the seams speed but I do expect negligible boost in power that I can feel. So what's the story, will the chip help? Thanks.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

I run that same set up and it works just fine for me.
    Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

Originally posted by pbsun View Post
      I've heard good I've heard bad, but no really definitive conclusion as to whether the chip helps. will this chip be effective? will the chip help?
      Shot answer is NO!
      I run stock chip with 2.5bar regulator from ETA and 17# green tops from M50. There are tuners that clam major power gains on M20 but it is usually their own dyno run sheet that shows this. I can't find third party dyno test that prove any significant horsepower gain. When chips for M20 first started to get on the market back in early 90s from Dinan they claimed 18hp gain which will put your M20 at the same power output as M50 which is absolute fraudulent claim. There is no way that M20 can match M50 with just a chip upgrade, not even close.

Comment

That's unfortunate but good to know.

Sent from my LG-D850 using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by DesertBMW View Post
          Shot answer is NO!
          I run stock chip with 2.5bar regulator from ETA and 17# green tops from M50. There are tuners that clam major power gains on M20 but it is usually their own dyno run sheet that shows this. I can't find third party dyno test that prove any significant horsepower gain.
          89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Very interesting ..............
            Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

garage queen 91 bmw 325is / 1972 Chevy El Camino 355 sbc 450hp

Comment

I've had a few of these chips in several E-30's. Only the Mark D seemed to make the car perform slightly better along with the premium gas. But it's not anywhere close to a night and day difference. A happy by-product of these chips is that they may cure a low idle problem. It did this on two of my cars. I read posts where guys replace everything trying to solve an idle problem when a new chip does the job.

Comment

they can also solve a rev- limiter problem,
                or maybe cause a rocker arm problem...

t
                now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                X