spark plug tip came off the plug and is now stuck in spark plug wire

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

spark plug tip came off the plug and is now stuck in spark plug wire

I was changing the spark plugs on my 1989 325i. I pulled the spark plug wires off the plugs and on each one the nipple on the end of the spark plug came of and stayed stuck in the spark plug wire. It happened on every one. I just pulled the wires strait off and they came off easily so I don't think I caused the ends to some off. What i need help with know is how to get them out. I tried screwing the end of the spark plug back in to the end but none will grip enough to pull the spark plug out. I tried needle nose pliers but they did not help. I am just looking for some ideas before I do something drastic like put some JB weld on the thread and let the thread and end fuse back together and try to pull it out that way.

I'm pretty sure every one of our cars don't use the round part on the end, it screws off so their is no way it would pull out
    Basically you can't get it out because their is nothing stuck in there
    IG- nv_e30

Comment

your car doesn't use that end cap, there's nothing stuck in the spark plug wire.
      sigpic

Comment

ok cool I was thinking I had broken something. Do the ends of all spark plugs unscrew like that?

Comment

Originally posted by gvtspook View Post
          ok cool I was thinking I had broken something. Do the ends of all spark plugs unscrew like that?
          Some plugs don't but most do. You need to unscrew all of them on the new plugs.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2
          -Build http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=295277

Comment

yeah as everyone else said. the plugs for our cars dont use those caps, you need to unscrew the cap on the new plugs to put them in. thanks for sharing though, had a good laugh reading :) happy 4th!
            1993 BMW 325iC -S52

Comment

Ran into this yesterday when working on my 318is.

For some funny reason 2 of them would only fit over spark plugs without the cap and 2 would only fit snugly over spark plugs with the cap. Was terribly confused. I think the end caps are somehow stuck in two of the wire...

Does someone know if the M42 is supposed run plugs with the end caps or end caps removed (threaded).

Thanks.
              Last edited by kungfooren; 06-14-2015, 07:25 AM.

Comment

The m42 caps get left on yes.

-NICK

Comment

Working...
                X