Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

All parts needed to restore windshield washer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All parts needed to restore windshield washer?

Previous owner (or the owner before that) decided they didn't want their windshield washer. Well, I want one. So obviously barring the obvious like the reservoir and pump itself, what parts do I need to add it back? I'm worried I'll miss filters, grommets, and other random parts. Nozzles on the hood are still intact but I'm not sure about the hose.

Hose should be clear to see. I'm runs within the hood, down passenger side and comes out above pass headlight, the into the pump and resivoir.

Pump. Resivor. Hose. Maybe add in fitting so you can remove hood more easily.
    ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Originally posted by TimeMachinE30 View Post
      Hose should be clear to see. I'm runs within the hood, down passenger side and comes out above pass headlight, the into the pump and resivoir.

Pump. Resivor. Hose. Maybe add in fitting so you can remove hood more easily.
      Awesome, thanks. Only other thing I saw online was a check valve, do I need one?

Comment

I would see a problem without it... the fluid would drain back to the lowest point and everytime you aumminsed the wiper fluid.. you wiuld wait for the fluid to prime the lines again. So do the check valve, too. But where is it? I dont remeber one at the tank.

Comment

Check valve is also a T where the line splits for the 2 nozzles and the rear edge of the hood.

Comment

The cheapest I can find the tank is 70 bucks at ecs, anyone find it cheaper??

Comment

Post up an ad for the reservoir in the parts wanted section. You should be able to get a used one for much, much less than that from someone parting out a car. Unless you're looking for an iX version, I would guess somewhere around $20 shipped.

I just replaced the washer pump on one of mine with the Febi brand pump from FCP Euro. $10.99!

The E30 collection:
              1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
              1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
              1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
              1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
              1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
              1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
              1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
              2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
              2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

what a convenient thread... i've got an old tank, new febi washer pump and a check valve laying around. interested OP? if so, i'll take pics and post em.

$20 + whatever shipping ends up being

Comment

Wow. Sweet offer.

Comment

Originally posted by jalopi View Post
                    what a convenient thread... i've got an old tank, new febi washer pump and a check valve laying around. interested OP? if so, i'll take pics and post em.

$20 + whatever shipping ends up being

Hmmmm I may have to take you up on this. Can you take pics?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I appreciate everyone's help.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Don't need the check valve. Mine started leaking and I got new one, which didn't work either. Said screw it and went with a regular T. Have had that for a couple years now, no problems.
                        Estoguy
                        1986 BMW 325, Alpenweiss ~ "Elsa"

Need a photographer, come visit my site: http://estoguy.wix.com/unique-perspectives

Comment

Working...
                        X