right rear wheel tick/woosh

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

right rear wheel tick/woosh

My right rear wheel is making a tick tick sound. The sound increases with speed. Sounds like a nail in the tire but I checked and its not. The sound started out sounding like woosh couple weeks ago, sounds like metal barely scraping (why im thinking wheel bearing). From searching it sounds like a wheel bearing or something with the parking brake. I jacked the car up today and did not feel any movement as far as bad wheel bearing but i know thats not a definitive test. I also inspected the caliper and saw nothing unusual, pads have plenty of wear left. What other tests can I do. This is my DD and its really fucking cold in my garage even with a space heater so i don't want to just start replacing parts. Any advice would be helpful.
    Originally posted by b3albakii
    the head was okey .. and in a good mood
    no i didnt over heat it so much
    www.blunttech.com

when you're driving, while the car is rolling, try pulling up the e-brake slowly almost to the point that the wheels are locked and see if there is a slight bang followed by no noise.

if so, then your parking brake needs to be adjusted.

either that or you are using wheel bolts that are too long, a common situation when someone uses aftermarket longer wheel bolts to accommodate spacers and then decides to take the spacers off without changing the wheel bolts.
    R.I.P 07/01/09 - 04/23/10 :(

Comment

I have stock weaves with stock bolts, i drove it again today and it stopped ticking but my rear brakes sound like shit, im thinking its my brakes..., but i don't know shit right now. I will have to see how it is tomorrow
      www.blunttech.com

Comment

The symptoms you are describing are EXACTLY what mine did when the rear wheel bearing went. It sounds like slightly scraping brakes, then it sounded like a stone/nail stuck in the tyre. It drove me crazy! I thought it was a CV joint so replaced the halfshaft but that didnt fix it, turned out to be a shot wheel bearing.

hamilton - E30 Massif

Comment

^^Shweet, thanks dude!
          www.blunttech.com

Comment

Working...
          X