"Pass this jobs bill!"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^

Most of the time I think the problems are intentional so they can fix them to get more power and control.
    Originally posted by Fusion
    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
    William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
      ^

Most of the time I think the problems are intentional so they can fix them to get more power and control.
      Exactly! Remember the Great Depression of the 1920's? Of course not, it didn't happen. The govt. stayed out of it AND cut spending by 50%. Then you had the 30's. The govt. kept meddling and it lasted 10yrs longer than it should have.

Comment

Ohhhhh my someone else who has some semblance of forgotten/omitted history
        If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
        The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
        William Pitt-

Comment

What's that crazy saying about those who forget history are doomed to do something? I can never remember. :D

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
            Neither was Reagan. Can you name the last fiscal conservative? Hoover maybe?
            I'm going to assume your deflection means you finally understand the gravity of Obama's failed spending policies.
            Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
            Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
            One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

^
              Think that still a pipe dream. But hey you never know

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by herbivor View Post
                Were you guys complaining this much when GW Bush was in office? Between the two, which one has caused a higher deficit? Actually why don't we throw Reagan and Clinton in there as well. Someone run the numbers on this and let us know how much debt each president has caused or added to the deficit while in office. (I'm too lazy, off to test drive a MR2-S with my tax refund:)
                aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah ahahaaaaaa haaa ha aa

how's the kool aide herb man?
                “There is nothing government can give you that it hasn’t taken from you in the first place”
                Sir Winston Churchill

Comment

I can guarantee you that our presidents in the future will raise the national debt, and spend more money than their predecessors.

Thats how the monetary-market system works. In order to make profits and survive, there must always be more. And more. And more.

And it wont stop, until finally, the system reaches the level of unsustainability.
                  My previous build (currently E30-less)
                  http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=170390

A 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4 Offroad in Inferno is my newest obsession

Comment

^

Just a FYI the 0 spent more money in 4 FUCKING DAYS last month than Truman and Eisenhower did in the entire decade of the 1950's even after adjusted for FUCKING INFLATION. We were building the Interstate system, and other infrastructure, getting our as kicked by the commies in korea and working on the space program at that time too. What did we get for the 0's spending in those 4 days. Food stamps, loans to bankrupting green energy companies and paying people not to find jobs for longer. Yeah that was a good trade off.

He also is spending money at well over twice the rate of Bush II and that is just fucking crazy.

Its also NOT HOW MONEY WORKS. its how the fed and chosen few are sucking the wealth out form underneath every one via legislation and regulation.

William Pitt-

Comment

First we have to pass the jobs bill that does not exist to find out whats in it. Duh, everyone knows thats how you legislate

Comment

Originally posted by klavender1 View Post
                        Exactly! Remember the Great Depression of the 1920's? Of course not, it didn't happen. The govt. stayed out of it AND cut spending by 50%. Then you had the 30's. The govt. kept meddling and it lasted 10yrs longer than it should have.
                        History begs to differ:

The widely accepted instigator of the Great Depression was the stock market crash of October 29, 1929. Even throughout 1929 the automobile manufacturing and construction industries were contracting. Roosevelt didn't take office until March 4, 1933. This gave Hoover over 3 years to enact recovery measures, all of which failed. Unempolyment peaked at 25.4% in the spring of '33. By 1937 it had fallen to 14.3%. An 11.1% drop counts as a success in my book. GDP per person also rose steadily from '33 to '37.

The setbacks you see in the above charts occuring in 1938 are commonly attributed to the rollback of the New Deal policies by the Conservative Coalition in 1937.

Also, for the current FDR haters out there, it might be interesting to note that the people of his time approved highly enough of him to elect him to 4 terms. Even with dying 2 months into his fourth term, he still served 4,442 days in office, the longest of any president in history.
                        Last edited by Morrison; 09-11-2011, 12:18 PM.
                        "I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                        -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

^

there is a reason its only referred to the "great" depression here in the USA....................... and just the "depression" in the rest of the world. Its because our govt FDR tried to spend and engineer the way out of it, and there by prolonging it 6-8 years longer than the rest of the world.

FDR was a douche bag get over the fact he was elected 4 fucking times. He was so damm popular that he was not hardly cold in the ground when the Congress and the STATES adopted the 22ed amendment keeping anyone else form doing that ever again......

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
                            ^

there is a reason its only referred to the "great" depression here in the USA....................... and just the "depression" in the rest of the world. Its because our govt FDR tried to spend and engineer the way out of it, and there by prolonging it 6-8 years longer than the rest of the world.
                            How can you know this? You can't. You're assuming that if he didn't "spend and engineer the way out of it", that the economy would have fixed itself sooner. But there is no way of knowing because that is not what happened. Show us an example of when the economy "bounced back" on its own from a major recession within a couple years without Kyensian economics and use pretty graphs like Morrison did.
                            Thanks
                            sigpic

Comment

^

Yeah fairly sure I have done that before last time you asked. If I get time to night I will see if I can find them again

William Pitt-

Comment

For someone accused of spending wildly, FDR actually didn't spend anywhere near as much as what Keynes theory would have suggested that he do. This has led some to argue that he perhaps should have gone bigger with it. The graph below shows our spending level throughout the years as a percent of GDP. Notice the huge spike in 1941, even higher than 2010 levels.

"I think we consider too much the good luck of the early bird and not enough the bad luck of the early worm."
                                -Franklin D. Roosevelt

Comment

Working...
                                X