Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That's sad considering it wasn't even on the same forum...
    1985 M10b18. 70maybewhpoffury. Over engineered S50b30 murica BBQ swap in progress.

Originally posted by DEV0 E30
    You'd chugg this butt. I know you would. Ain't gotta' lie to kick it brostantinople.

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
      I got permabanned by dk (moderator over there) because I posted a 'u mad' picture after one of his rants in a political thread here on r3v.

wow, that's pretty low of dk to exercise his power for retribution for you not politically agreeing with him. Sounds like he had his panties in a bunch and you were just joking around, so to make himself feel better, he banned you in another forum.

again, wow.

We really need to buy E30tech, and "R3v-ize" it

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
        wow, that's pretty low of dk to exercise his power for retribution for you not politically agreeing with him. Sounds like he had his panties in a bunch and you were just joking around, so to make himself feel better, he banned you in another forum.

again, wow.

We really need to buy E30tech, and "R3v-ize" it
        I think mrsleeve got banned over there for the same reason.
        Originally posted by LJ851
        I programmed my oven to turn off when my pizza was done, should i start a build thread?

Feedback

Comment

Pretty much the same folks on both site's, save for maybe a handful of guys and gals. I go there mainly for the Int'l people that I like that don't come on here, however, I'm active on both.

Originally posted by Roysneon
          $5 shipped?
          Originally posted by MarkD
          You are a strange dude, I'n not answering any more posts from you.

Comment

I think someone needs to pop the question to whoever owns E30tech as to how much money he would consider for the whole forum.

Comment

I'd bet he'd want multiple thousands

plus, good luck getting ahold of him.
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I'm willing to bet that the active members of E30tech that:

1. pay their regular dues, and
                2. don't hate R3V

will be willing to pay maybe one of their (monthly?) fees toward not needing to pay fees ever again.

If we double the size and traffic on R3v, does that theoretically double the exposure of the ads that r3v runs, therefore potentially doubling the revenue from those ads?

disclaimer: economics is not my strong suit.

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
                  I'd bet he'd want multiple thousands

plus, good luck getting ahold of him.
                  I offered to buy it from Chris with no response (with a real offer, not some bullshit 500 or something). I would have been willing to pay the money a couple years ago but not now.

Yea getting a hold of him is the key that only one person with military contacts was able to achieve in the last year.

$5 shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by samiam3356 View Post
                    I offered to buy it from Chris with no response (with a real offer, not some bullshit 500 or something). I would have been willing to pay the money a couple years ago but not now.

Yea getting a hold of him is the key that only one person with military contacts was able to achieve in the last year.
                    huh. Well it seems that forum isn't doing so well. If the guy is un-reachable, how does the money get to him for all those memberships? That may be one reason to reach him, stop paying for memberships. I dunno.

Comment

Automation is cool thing.

$5 shipped?

Comment

Originally posted by chadthestampede View Post
                        I think mrsleeve got banned over there for the same reason.
                        Yeah he did. It's a shame someone would ban someone due to something said on another forum.

1992 BMW 325iC
                        1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                        1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

Originally posted by iamcreepingdeath View Post
                          I'm willing to bet that the active members of E30tech that:

1. pay their regular dues, and
                          2. don't hate R3V

im on both...and unofficialbmw too..and started my own forum..but noone goes there :(

well, i like everyone here except luke, he's a troll imo.
                          i like everyone on e30t.
                          i really like everyone on unnoficialbmw
                          and again, nobodies on mine, so whateva...in 10 years, it will all be different.

i've known James for a while, got the t-shirt, saw him on Saturday...and everyone on this site, is both active, and helpful with the fair amount of trolling.

e30 tech is more global, with more serious information, and less trolls, or no trolls.

unnoficialbmw is all about info...and i know Dale personally too..very hard worker, pro3 driver, and smart as einstein would be...

the difference is in the admins.
                          rev- active
                          e30tech -MIA
                          unnofficial bmw - he's around, just at different parts...the landing site is complex, and the forum is slightly hidden..but..its great..he will always answer a pm.

the difference in moderators.
                          rev- active
                          e30tech =limited to none
                          unnoficial, = good but lost traffic, and new memebers..well for the e30 anyways

rev is so easy to join, and post, its going to be active, and grow...both with solid information and trolls and spam

e30tech will surely die out as new members are forced to pay..and i happen to join just prior to that, and i have never paid, nor will i ever pay for online information....its against teh whole spirit of a forum to ask for $$ (isn't it?)

unofficialbmw may die out, but there is a shitton of info there, and dale will likely keep it up forever, it will eventually grow into a newer group of bmw owners..not just the e30 crowd..but it has scaled out nicely.

mine..well, it can scale out anytime..but no need now.
                          i have my own pix, video hosting, forum, and anything else i want to create...just no traffic.

the more i think about it, the more i wonder, its all online, on your pc, just a separate domain...it is already connected, but not migrated to each others database... to say in another way..in teh future, there will be 1000s of bmw forums, and we are actually NOW living in the easy times with just a handful.

not sure where im going with this post, but i dont feel any reference on 'where' i post...as long as i find answers..

i do notice there are members on all sides that state things like "r3v members are bad" and "take it to e30tech" and vice versa....my point here is, i like cars, and i like to help people if i can...i don't care if its a rolls royce or a kia, i like them all..for all different reasons...and the same is true for the boards...

like them for what they are...love or hate em for it, and if you don't agree,,, well, make your own.

if you all want to join mine, i will make registration easier..as of right now, its a pita, but should be able to be done w/out any mod or admin approval.

ok..im done ranting...
                          3 pedal club
                          200,k+ club
                          cabrio club
                          port-matched- polished- purring www.BMWpark.org

</div>

linux since 1999

Comment

Originally posted by idanity View Post
                            im on both...and unofficialbmw too..and started my own forum..but noone goes there :(

well, i like everyone here except luke, he's a troll imo.
                            i like everyone on e30t.
                            i really like everyone on unnoficialbmw
                            and again, nobodies on mine, so whateva...in 10 years, it will all be different.

i've known James for a while, got the t-shirt, saw him on Saturday...and everyone on this site, is both active, and helpful with the fair amount of trolling.

e30 tech is more global, with more serious information, and less trolls, or no trolls.

unnoficialbmw is all about info...and i know Dale personally too..very hard worker, pro3 driver, and smart as einstein would be...

the difference is in the admins.
                            rev- active
                            e30tech -MIA
                            unnofficial bmw - he's around, just at different parts...the landing site is complex, and the forum is slightly hidden..but..its great..he will always answer a pm.

the difference in moderators.
                            rev- active
                            e30tech =limited to none
                            unnoficial, = good but lost traffic, and new memebers..well for the e30 anyways

rev is so easy to join, and post, its going to be active, and grow...both with solid information and trolls and spam

e30tech will surely die out as new members are forced to pay..and i happen to join just prior to that, and i have never paid, nor will i ever pay for online information....its against teh whole spirit of a forum to ask for $$ (isn't it?)

unofficialbmw may die out, but there is a shitton of info there, and dale will likely keep it up forever, it will eventually grow into a newer group of bmw owners..not just the e30 crowd..but it has scaled out nicely.

mine..well, it can scale out anytime..but no need now.
                            i have my own pix, video hosting, forum, and anything else i want to create...just no traffic.

the more i think about it, the more i wonder, its all online, on your pc, just a separate domain...it is already connected, but not migrated to each others database... to say in another way..in teh future, there will be 1000s of bmw forums, and we are actually NOW living in the easy times with just a handful.

not sure where im going with this post, but i dont feel any reference on 'where' i post...as long as i find answers..

i do notice there are members on all sides that state things like "r3v members are bad" and "take it to e30tech" and vice versa....my point here is, i like cars, and i like to help people if i can...i don't care if its a rolls royce or a kia, i like them all..for all different reasons...and the same is true for the boards...

like them for what they are...love or hate em for it, and if you don't agree,,, well, make your own.

if you all want to join mine, i will make registration easier..as of right now, its a pita, but should be able to be done w/out any mod or admin approval.

ok..im done ranting...
                            Everything you said above is all the more reason to annex E30tech.

Let's make there be less forums. We need to combine the old knowledge and die-hards of E30tech with the activity and liveliness of R3v, and the non-Nazi (read: non-bf.c) administration.

it is a pain to jump back and forth between E30 forums looking for info, and if the members of E30tech joined R3v, there would be double the exposure to your request for DIY, your random question about your misfiring engine, your E30 you are trying to sell, etc.

Comment

^^ Couldn't agree more...If Gunni, Mattias, Pete, Mitch, etc...and those guys came over it would make this place just that much better. Mattias has his own forum so any of us can have access to his knowledge. Chris(nando) is right up there with these guys IMO with knowledge about tuning and MS. R3v does have Jlevie though, and that guy is like a walking e30 encyclopedia.

R3v has won the war of e30 forums and will be the only one left standing eventually. It is funny when someone gets all pissy about it though. Why would you even let yourself care that much about it?

$5 shipped?

Comment

^^ exactly. No one should have an "allegiance" to any one forum, unless they are actually monetarily invested.

Comment

Working...
                                X