Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

"Romney is sporting the new Day-Laborer Tan"

"Romney is the Juan Percent." - redditors

Mitt Romney currently trails President Obama among registered Latino voters by nearly 40%, and getting caught saying things like "it would be helpful to be Latino" certainly isn't helping.
    But has it gotten so bad that Romney is now resorting to "brownface" in order to make himself more appealing to Univision viewers? Democratic Underground has looked at the photo above from last night's "presidential forum" and concluded that, yes, Romney definitely "dyed his face brown."

go ahead and argue the it was just for the camera. im going to laugh. well, im already laughing. this guy... i swear the onion couldnt do better than his own campaigners.
    AWD > RWD

that's raciest!

Originally posted by CorvallisBMW View Post
    Consider this a warning. 1 more post like this and you're out of here.
    Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs!

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

yeah it is. and romney should be ashamed of himself. if he wore blackface to a naacp meeting the nation would be in an uproar.
      AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
        yeah it is. and romney should be ashamed of himself. if he wore blackface to a naacp meeting the nation would be in an uproar.

Haha I did not fully get your post till just a few moments ago as I was reading an article about his spray tan. I don't know if you have been to Miami or not but if you aint latino you tan. Everyone looks like him down here.

To spray on a tan could have been a protest to Obama's tax on tanning booths. As its a bit racist as only white people or light skinned people have to use them to darken their pigment.

^^^
        Just playing with ya there, yeah it was a bit dumb but in sales you have to dress the part for those that are sitting on the fence to open up to you. Sure be yourself, but this is a race to win. Rubbin is Racing as they say in NASCAR.
        Last edited by Vedubin01; 09-20-2012, 10:06 PM.

Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Originally posted by Vedubin01 View Post
          Sure be yourself, but this is a race to win. Rubbin is Racing as they say in NASCAR.
          You know, I think your on target about that. That's exactly what Romney campaign has been about. Winning. Truth? Best for the US? The people? Honor? Nope! Winning. And I think that's why he's failing so bad. He does everything to gain an edge except being a person people want to elect as their leader.

If that was a spray tan, that was the worst spray tan I've ever seen. Allow me to put on my tin foil hat for a moment, I bet the make up artist made an effort to not hide the lines to purposefully show he was in brown face. Because that is the worst tv makeup I've seen in awhile.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

You know, I think your on target about that. That's exactly what Romney campaign has been about. Winning. Truth? Best for the US? The people? Honor? Nope! Winning. And I think that's why he's failing so bad. He does everything to gain an edge except being a person people want to elect as their leader.

If that was a spray tan, that was the worst spray tan I've ever seen. Allow me to put on my tin foil hat for a moment, I bet the make up artist made an effort to not hide the lines to purposefully show he was in brown face. Because that is the worst tv makeup I've seen in awhile.

that really goes both ways. Obama is doing his best to do the same. As for the spray on tan, when you are ask fair skinned as Romney its hard to make a spray on tan work. Walk down Ocean Dr or Lincoln Rd here on the beach. You will get a laugh everywhere you look.

Comment

i swear, i see that argument thrown around all the time, for so many damn things.

"yeah, romney is doing something that i cant deny? WELL OBAMA IS DOING IT TOO!"

no. he's not.
              AWD > RWD

Comment

i just keep laughing.

Mitt Romney packed the audience for a Univision forum earlier this week, BuzzFeed’s McKay Coppins reports, busing in local supporters “after exhausting the few conservative groups on campus.” The campaign threatened to “reschedule” the event if organizers did not allow the “rowdy activists from around southern Florida in order to fill the extra seats at their town hall.”

Romney also refused to come out on stage after the hosts introduced him by noting that he “had agreed to give the network 35 minutes, and that Obama had agreed to a full hour the next night.” Univision re-taped the introduction after Romney allegedly “threw a tantrum.”

During the event, Romney dodged four questions about whether he would maintain President Obama’s directive allowing young undocumented immigrants to stay in the United States on a temporary basis and said that he is happy to be known as “the grandfather of Obamacare.”

Romney has a history of padding the audience. During a speech before National Association of Latino Elected and Appointed Officials (NALEO) in June, the GOP presidential candidate also brought in his supporters to the address.
                AWD > RWD

Comment

I was going to post this. What a douche.
                  1985 BMW 325e
                  1997 BMW M3/4/5
                  2007 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 5.3 v8

Comment

Spray-tan, makeup or otherwise, I think that dying your skin to look more like voters you are attempting to appeal to on that particular evening is desperate at best.

Comment

i swear, i see that argument thrown around all the time, for so many damn things.

"yeah, romney is doing something that i cant deny? WELL OBAMA IS DOING IT TOO!"

no. he's not.
                      sigpic
                      "The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter." - Winston Churchill

Comment

Working...
                      X