Moving to Georgia/Life/car laws!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Moving to Georgia/Life/car laws!

Soooo I am moving to Georgia. Not sure of the exact area, I know it is a big state. I live in NJ and was wonder what you all knew about Georgia? Any advice, areas to go or avoid? I'm looking for general insight here. I will update where I am looking as things zero in. So hit me with what you have!
    Last edited by rcsoundn1; 03-28-2014, 03:56 PM.

Alpharetta is supposedly one of the best places in the US to live

Comment

I know its hot and muggy 11 months of the year and full of biting Insects and Snakes. If you can handle all that you should be good to go
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Are you moving to Atlanta or Georgia?
        Lorin

Originally posted by slammin.e28
        The M30 is God's engine.

Comment

Originally posted by LJ851 View Post
          Are you moving to Atlanta or Georgia?
          Lol

Comment

Summers hot, winters cold, and traffic is unbearable between 7-9 AM and 4-7 PM. It's required by law that you don't use your turn signals and ALWAYS have your hazard lights on in heavy rain. We do have a pretty solid BMW community though.

1983 528e, 200k mile club, BBS Mahles.

Comment

I'd b thrilled moving from jersey..serious drought issues though.

I remember the last time I was there and some grandma passed me while I was doing like 80 through downtown so its a fast moving place for sure.

Comment

Pretty large classic BMW following down here.

I hate Atlanta, so I reccomend the suburbs north-northwest of Atlanta. Marietta, Kennesaw, Roswell, Alpharetta, etc
                1991 335is in progress

Comment

And the summer heat with the humidity sucks ass
                  1991 335is in progress

Comment

I feel like I have the perfect placement, about 40 minute commute to the shop I work for and it's in East Atlanta, and in an hour I can be on the twisties in the mountains.

1983 528e, 200k mile club, BBS Mahles.

Comment

I'm originally from the DMV (DC area) and have lived in Augusta since '01. Love the slow pace and easy tempo of GA. Atlanta is a different animal though and there's no easy way to adjust to the crazy humidity down south.

Comment

is douglasvill a shitty place? Wasnt added in the "nice" areas lol. Im from there btw haha

Comment

No not Atlanta, though I have been to Atlanta. I have family in loganville. Right now I'm trying to decide on an area. I'd prefer to be close to loganville for that reason. Thanks for all the feedback, keep it coming everyone!

Comment

Originally posted by e30trooper View Post
                            is douglasvill a shitty place? Wasnt added in the "nice" areas lol. Im from there btw haha
                            I havent spent much time in Dville, but there are some rough areas there.

My roommate is from there.

He says "dawg", "aiiight", "dope", and "bro" on a very regular basis if that means anything to you. And hes as white as can be lol
                            1991 335is in progress

Comment

Anything 30-40 minutes outside of atlanta is usually a pretty nice area. I used to live in Snellville/lawrenceville/grayson, which are all east atlanta and I can say I really enjoyed it. I actually wish I could move back.

As far as how georgia is, hot summers and cold winters. There are always random bits of traffic besides rush hour itself. Overall, its not that bad.
                              I don't even own this car anymore, but I'm too lazy to change the picture.

Comment

Working...
                              X