Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How about an IC section? For the 'Verts!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The first sticky in the cabrio section should explain the balancer in the trunk to eliminate all the "what does this thing do?" posts.
    '87 325ic, powered by S50.

Comment

Originally posted by e30rapidic View Post
      The first sticky in the cabrio section should explain the balancer in the trunk to eliminate all the "what does this thing do?" posts.
      Thats for when you upgrade to JL HD amps, they fit perfectly in there :)
      get ir done !

Comment

another great piece of info would be floor mats that fit correctly, COME ON VERT SECTION!!!!

Comment

This would be a nice addition. The model has enough special advice to support a sub-forum. Any word from admin about this? Anyone contact him? Any PNW who are close enough to put the bug in his ear?
          ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

Definitely support this! There are a LOT of features exclusive to verts and trying to sort through and find vert specific information can be difficult. For example, a couple of weeks ago I was trying to find the easiest way to remove the drivers side speaker cover/kick panel on my ic. Lots of information/pics/etc on how to remove kick panels on other e30's but never could find anything on the ic.

Either way, great idea to begin a section specific to convertibles!

Comment

In response to rcsoundn1 question about floor mats. I'm currently running e82 (1 series coupe) rubber All Weather mats in my vert. Fitment is pretty good both front and back and price is definitely reasonable (about $60 on ebay). Once the snow around here melts I can see about pulling my vert out of the garage and snap some pics if you'd like. Just let me know.

Comment

I support it as well.
                1988 325iC SOLD
                1985 524td 49k

Comment

Supporting this one.
                  -1976 2002 daily (Sold)
                  -1986 528e 5 speed daily

Comment

I support a 'vert section as well.

The iX subforum was very helpful to me while putting my iX back together.

E46fanatics has a separate 'vert section. I demand equality for the E30!

The E30 collection:
                    1987 325es M52 - Schwarz / Taurus Red Sport (son #2's)
                    1987 325is - Delphin / Black Sport (son #3's)
                    1987 325i Convertible - Triple Black
                    1989 325iX Coupe - Diamondschwarz / Black Comfort
                    1990 325iX Coupe - Sterling Silver / Grey Sport

1981 Fiat 124 Spider 2000 - Green / Tan
                    1998 Volvo V70 GLT - White / Tan
                    1998 Volvo S70 T5 manual - White / Taupe
                    2001 Ford Windstar - Silver / Grey (parts hauler)
                    2006 Lexus GX470 - White / Tan (tow rig)

Comment

I'll play devil's advocate and say that leaving cabrio stuff in the Gen Tech section would be nice because it creates more traffic in that section, which means more people might see your thread and chime in.

On the other hand, having a specific forum would make it easier to scroll through older posts since they are all in one place. For an admin to go through the forum and move each vert related thread to one forum doesn't seem that hard to me.. I mean just grab a coffee and use the search button and it'll be done in an hour. Plus it brings a sense of completeness and dare I say it, professionalism to the forum. 2015 yo

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

I'm in for a section on cabrio's.
                        There are enough cab-specific questions that it'd be helpful.

Comment

Cab section sounds like a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Das Delfin View Post
                            I'll play devil's advocate and say that leaving cabrio stuff in the Gen Tech section would be nice because it creates more traffic in that section, which means more people might see your thread and chime in.

On the other hand, having a specific forum would make it easier to scroll through older posts since they are all in one place. For an admin to go through the forum and move each vert related thread to one forum doesn't seem that hard to me.. I mean just grab a coffee and use the search button and it'll be done in an hour. Plus it brings a sense of completeness and dare I say it, professionalism to the forum. 2015 yo

I browse not by forum but by new posts/today's posts.

I see a big problem with trying to search out information are terrible titling and just bad spelling. Folks trying to be cute with their titles or just that spaced out, prevent a good catalog of contents.
                            ACS S3 Build / Dinan 5 E34

Comment

^ I don't even use forum search unless I'm trying to find parts for sale. Google search is much better. With that in mind, an iC section would all but eliminate the need to search at all for cabrio stuff. Speaking of which... where can I find cabrio rocker trim?? Not bavauto they're way too expensive!

it's a Kenny Powers quote on wheels

Comment

junk yard is best bet for that.

Comment

Working...
                                X