Strange Locking Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Strange Locking Issue

As I've seen from looking around these cars are well known to have some buggy locking issues. I'm sure there's got to be an answer for this strange issue, so here goes...

Drivers door locks and unlocks perfectly fine. This key that unlocks drivers door also can start the car.

Passenger door is locked shut and uses a DIFFERENT key than the drivers door and ignition. Key will not unlock the door, however if I turn the key to the right as far as it will go and pull the door handle simultaneously while holding the key to the right, the door will open.

Note: This is the correct key for the lock, I am very sure of that, as the other key will not turn in either direction at all. It was not having issues until I brought it home (just purchased 2 days ago) and it seems to have just developed the issue. Only thing I did to that door was manually lock it when I got to work.

So first off, any idea what could be causing the issue? CLCU maybe?

Also, is there any way to make the lock work with the drivers side/ignition key now? I assume the lock was replaced or something by a previous owner, which would explain why it doesn't work.
Working...
X