mtx thunder 8000's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CiLK WuRM
    Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 are a wicked sub also.
    Someone is selling one VERY cheap in FS/WTB
    Below the radar...

Comment

I was going to go with a Power Acoustik FUBR. It seems like a good sub for a great price. However, I let my friend test one first. It sounded blown, he got another, this one sounded blown too, and he got a third one. This one also sounded horrible. It just seemed to sound bad. 3 days later the sub just froze, wouldn't move or anything, just stuck.

You get what you pay for.

Comment

Originally posted by 808BMW
        I was going to go with a Power Acoustik FUBR. It seems like a good sub for a great price. However, I let my friend test one first. It sounded blown, he got another, this one sounded blown too, and he got a third one. This one also sounded horrible. It just seemed to sound bad. 3 days later the sub just froze, wouldn't move or anything, just stuck.

i dont know how you come up with this shit every time i talk about my fubr

thats what happens when you run a shitty amp and not nearly enough power .... fubr take 700rms and hadles wayy more than that

Comment

Originally posted by Schnell 318

thats what happens when you run a shitty amp and not nearly enough power .... fubr take 700rms and hadles wayy more than that

The problem with subs like that (high excursion through use of very large surrounds and spiders) is that they take away from effective piston area.

Piston area is more important than excursion, since moving ALOT of air is better than moving less air a little bit further.

I bought the W7 because it made use of the High roll surround, AND saved piston area by using the "roll-over surround".

The W7 is essentially unbeatable as of now. It is the pinnacle of subs, the sub through which all others are defined.

The next best sub I've heard next to the W7 is the Image Dynamics ID MAX, and the Eclipse sub (don't know the specific model name).

I never really was a JL fan until a buddy of mine played me his 10" W7 powered by the JL 500/1, and it completely embarrassed my old setup of 2 kicker comp VR 12s seeing 500W a piece.

I promptly bought a W7, and am now currently looking for a Class D amp with 1000W power. The W7 needs AT LEAST that much.

That said, anyone want 2 12" Kicker Comp VRs? I'll let them go for cheap. I'll even make a box to your specs if you want.
          Nick

87 325 5MT
          02 IS300 5MT

Comment

I belive the w7 is unbeatable in its price range is what you ment to say.

Saying its unbeatable PERIOD is a bold statement.

Sold it.

Comment

It actually is the pinacle of subs.

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

Originally posted by BMW BMXER

No, you don't understand, the W7 is *essentially* unbeatable.

Combine pure SPL with SQ, and there isn't another sub that will come close, 'cept the IDMAX.

Buy one and you'll know why you spent $500 on 1 12" JL W7.
                Nick

87 325 5MT
                02 IS300 5MT

Comment

Re XXX?

Sold it.

Comment

Finally someone spoke of the IDMAX, i though all u guys knew of was JL's MTX, RF, SOny, etc :D . Image Dynamics IDMAX, simply the best, SQ and SPL. I only heard the W7 in the show rooms and we all know showrooms make it sounds the best and they will totally sound different in a car, but in the showroom they sound pretty good. But i think JL's are overrated and i'm a hardcore Image Dynamics & ADS Fan, and thats the only two brands i run. I'm all about SQ, I hate those idiots that says their system pounds!!!! :evil:
                    When a person comes up to u and ask what u got in your car, it sounds so good, i want to tell them i got an IDMAX b/c they be like, u got a what? HAHA
                    But if u told them u got a JL, they be like ooo yeah JL their good.

Comment

Originally posted by Inspar8r
                      Originally posted by BMW BMXER

No, you don't understand, the W7 is *essentially* unbeatable.

Combine pure SPL with SQ, and there isn't another sub that will come close, 'cept the IDMAX.

Buy one and you'll know why you spent $500 on 1 12" JL W7.
                      Cerwin Vega Stroker

JL's are nice when they are new. However, after time, JL's tend to fall apart. Just DO NOT buy used JLs.

Cerwin Vegas hold up much better, and strokers are nearly impossible to damage. (Aside from doing something stupid)

If you want SQ... MB Quart.

Comment

The voice coils had a nice smell going at about 650 watts.

Comment

John, performace aside, the CW Stroker is FUGLY. this is why no one wants to own one.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
                          https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Alpine Type-R's are very nice subs, and you can get them wicked cheap on ebay. My single 10" in a sealed box sounds super-tight, and has almost no distortion, even when my stereo is all the way up. On the other hand, I have a friend with two 12" type-r's in a bandpass box in his Cherokee, and he blew the rear window out during the first week he had them in. :x
                            So they are pretty good all around.
                            '91 318is
                            sigpic

Comment

The voice coils had a nice smell going at about 650 watts.
                              thats what happens when you use shitty power
                              mine is taking 800rms all day every day and i push it hard.
                              it doesnt distort or cliip at all

Comment

why is it that no one talked about their subs before this?

-adam

Comment

Working...
                                X