X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi Res Pics of my ICE

Yup.

Sold it.

Very nice, except for the huge JL logo. I'm not sure if I like that. Anyway, what are you powering it with?

97 Cosmos M3

Comment

I wanted to show off my amp somehow. I figured just having a cut out square was boring. JL logo was simple so I cut it out.

Its a w3v2 Powered by a Pioneer 600w amp. The amps rated at 300rms (bridged) and so is the sub. Its a good match so far.

This is actually my second sub. Blew my first one..

Sold it.

Comment

what are you putting over the hole in the backseat?
        BEERTECH

Comment

The arm rest. It was an option on some e30s. See the big thing below the sub in the pic. That folds up.

Its never up though. I just put the leather cover over the hole when im not in my car

Sold it.

Comment

are all rear armrest/headrest equipped e30 seats that color? I've only seen two, one vinyl, and mine leather. My brother ganked mine though when I got my 318 with blue cloth.

Anyway, I used to have a w3 something in the trunk with the armrest open and I noticed that it was a little deeper and better sounding when firing toward the back of the trunk. I'm not really into subs, a friend just loaned me his because I had an extra set of RCAs going to the trunk.
            looks cool though.

party on.

Comment

oh, ok, i didnt know if you'd put in a grill or something
              BEERTECH

Comment

I was thinking of making something out of plexi but meh. Works as it is now. Just gotta tell ppl when they sit in the back cuz first thing they do is put there arm on the arm rest. When its covered I am scared someones gonna throw an elbow threw it.

Sold it.

Comment

is there a box attached to the sub in the 2nd pic? how do you have that set up? im looking to get one 10" sub to go along with the factory "premium" system and that looks like a cool idea...

Comment

Strictly Bidnass. Theres the box.

Sold it.

Comment

pretty clean set up there. ive got two JL's firing back towards the tail lights and it sounds better that way. it gives the soundwaves more traveling space, in return creating deeper sound. ive tried facing it every direction. and found that facing it rearward was best for mine. nice set up tho.
                      FOKAI DA'MA'SHI'I ENSANE GRAPPING INT.

Comment

I had this one firing backwards (blew it firing backwards 2)

Turning it around I lost SPL gained SQ Lost trunk rattle.

http://www.installer.com/tech/aiming.html reading on the subject.

Sold it.

Comment

did you remove all of the metal behind the rear seat, or did you just cut a hole the size of the sub? im trying to figure out what to do for my car.

thanks

Comment

The hole is already there, it was an option on E30s. I have my sub in the corner facing back, and with the ski bag out it sounds amazing.

Comment

Actually the hole was precut but the metal was still there.

I just kicked it a few times with my foot and out it came.

Jay next time were at a meet Ill throw in a bass cd for ya.

Sold it.

Comment

Working...
                              X