Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need good amp and maybe sub reccomendations.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need good amp and maybe sub reccomendations.

Ok so I decided on the head unit I want to get which is an Alpine 7998.

It has no pre-amp so I need a decent amp. It doesn't need to be high wattage, just something so it sounds good. Possibly in the future I will go for a sub, so post up some good suggestions.

Re: Need good amp and maybe sub reccomendations.

Originally posted by SykoBMW
    Ok so I decided on the head unit I want to get which is an Alpine 7998.

It has no pre-amp so I need a decent amp. It doesn't need to be high wattage, just something so it sounds good. Possibly in the future I will go for a sub, so post up some good suggestions.
    You mean it is a preamp only, and it needs an amp as there is not one in it. I am thinking JL 300/4 but I wouldn't mind a smaller one if I could find a decent one.

Comment

I am very happy with my Alpine V12 MRD-752 (I think thats what it is). Anyways, it sounds great through my MB Quarts comps, put out plenty of power (75x4 and 250x1 rms @ 4 ohms) and was relatively cheap (300 bux on ebay). I'd check it out.
      '91 318is
      sigpic

Comment

How about a phoenix gold tantrum 600.4? alpines and JL are also good amps. U might want to go with the alpine since it might go well with the deck, and it's a very good amp even though there are reviews where it has some problems playing the highs. If u got money, got with ARC :twisted: their amps are really nice, but alot of $$$$$$$.

Comment

Working...
        X