Pilot bearing..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pilot bearing..

Any tips on this? Just tap it out, pack it, and put it in? I know there was a recent thread on this but it's not showing up on search for some reason.

Also.. The spacer ring on the flywheel. The ETK says "Spacer ring- only for blank blank 4HP22"

I'm assuming it still goes there with the manual tranny on, and the ETK is just being stupid?

Hey BS87

here's a site that helped me a lot. Its for E36 though
    Our biggest and most comprehensive article yet. From start to finish, all the instructions are here, along with about 70 photos too!

goodluck

Marvin
    89 325i
    89 325ic
    San Jose,CA
    Marvin
    89 325ic
    89 325i
    03 baby girl
    San Jose, CAlifornia

Comment

Thanks. I also see now that you didn't put the spacer back on in your thread, so i guess it's not needed.

Comment

Originally posted by BS87
        Thanks. I also see now that you didn't put the spacer back on in your thread, so i guess it's not needed.
        i wasn't also sure about the spacer...couple of guys said that the spacer is there to distribute even pressure when tightning the bolts.. so do more research about this
        Marvin
        89 325ic
        89 325i
        03 baby girl
        San Jose, CAlifornia

Comment

Hmm, anyone know for sure on the spacer? some places say its needed, others say its not.

Comment

The ETK calls it a "spacer ring"

I speculate it is also there to spread the load as well. Just put it on, what is the big deal?

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
            https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Nothing i'm just anal about somethings ( no jokes please).

Comment

Working...
              X