Need Recommendation for Best High Hp Sport Clutch Kit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Recommendation for Best High Hp Sport Clutch Kit

Surprisingly, my stock (but with E30 M3 pressure plate) clutch was able to handle 280-300hp, but last time I drove the vehicle(after increasing boost..), I did notice some clutch slippage on the highway in forth and 5th gear. I know that Sachs makes some sport clutch kits, but I do not know the hp rating of these. Does Sachs make more than one kind of sport kit?

Sachs clutches are good for fairly stock cars, thats about it.

Get something aftermarket. Find out your transmission input shaft spline size, and the diameter of the clutch disc you need... then order one.

E30 ABS Pump Refurbishment Service
    https://mtechniqueauto.com/

Comment

Spec Stage 3 :up:
      '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
      10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Originally posted by jon volk
        Spec Stage 3 :up:
        Thanks guys!

Do you have any personal experience with the Spec Stage 3? I was just checking out their website. The stage 3 is listed at $399.00. Not bad I suppose. I wish their website gave more info on the product though. I may give them a call soon. Thanks again!

Comment

Ive installed them on probably 20 or so customers cars. Ive got one for my E30 sitting on a shelf so I cant give you any BMW feedback right now but every other application has been pretty much the same. Light pedal feel, very quick but smooth engagement and they hold quite well. All those cars were turbocharged btw. Since it engages rather quickly itll take a day or so to get used to but its still smooth. Not harsh at all.
          '92 MTech cabrio: Tesla P85 powered

IG: telsa_bimmer

'95 Alpine M3 5.3 LS, Precision 7675, TH400/Gear Vendors OD
          10.4@136 pump gas at 3530lbs. (SOLD)

Comment

Working...
          X