New R3VLimited.com Comments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good work James. It is working great.

My only complaint is that stupid box that pops up with the first couple sentances of the thread when you just barely drag your cursor over it. That drives me nutty. I can get used to the darker color (already growing on me), but those little boxes popping up all over the place when I am searching around is annoying. I know some people like it so if you could make it a user option that would be great. If not, please turn it off.

And thanks for the great hospitality this weekend. I think I only spent about 20 hours at your house over 2 days. :)
    sigpic

Comment

Ummm... where did all the FAQs go. There are currently only like 8 posts in there and there use to be many more.

Edit: Looks like a bunch of threads are missing... hopefully they will be coming back. All of my M30 threads are gone.
      Last edited by uflnuceng; 09-26-2005, 07:53 AM.

Comment

This forum design seems to be optimized for 800X600, if you anyone is still using that res, that is there own problem. We should atleast strectch the design so if fills a standard browser window at 1024X768. Also, the same stuff others said. View posts since last visit makes this forum viewable instead of haveing to give your life up in order to find all the different new posts. Colors seem okay, maybe some more BMW colors, lose the red stuff. Great work!

Edit:
        Oh, and just noticed, I want the choice back to return the the forum after making a post in a thread and not just automatically going back to the thread.

Edit 2:
        Why are all the titles listed twice under everyones name?
        Last edited by Nathan; 09-26-2005, 07:15 AM. Reason: Found something to add...
        PNW E30 CREW ///

Comment

Blech. I know it's in its alpha stages, and that you put worlds of time into this James, but it just doesn't feel right. Merely constructive criticism - I don't want you to think we don't appreciate all you've done. It was just a very comfortable and familiar board layout, and now it's turned upside down. Maybe we'll get used to it - I know I always drag and kick my heels at change.

Great work - you really got so much done. It's nice to have you guys at the top of the ladder making things work :)

Comment

Looking more closely now, I agree with some of the guys about the funky colors. Some things are hard to read, like member location.

Comment

The site looks good. Thanks for all the work.
              I only have a few concerns.
              I am running at 1280x1024, and I cant stand to look at the forum right now. It is approximately 5" wide, and has 2-3" of blue space on either side.
              Even my laptop on 1024x768 (now the industry standard) has an inch or two of blue on the forum border.
              Also, how to we search? Once I find that feature, I hope its not like other forums where there is a minimum search length, as there are many things to search for (e28, et al) that this would block.

NASA MidSouth TT Director / GTS2 #018
              Mods: Coastal PS Fluid, 10w40 Oil
              Future Mods: Bosch Micro-Edge Wiper Blades, Painter's Tape, Spark Plugs, Freezer for Nutty Buddys, Adam Nitti CD's

Comment

Originally posted by permit
                I need those two magic buttons: "view your posts" and "view posts since your last visit".
                My lurking at work may have to slow down because the new colors contrast with the windows I have open. Easier for supervisors to spot.

Comment

What happened to the search button? I can't seem to find it.

Comment

we need to seperate the for sale section from the want to buy section...... please.....

Mike Fritz

Comment

The location name, it's white while the little backgroudn is cream/beige -white and doesn't reflect much, it's hard to see it.

bit skinny the window, I would ike to view it in wider effect.

other than that, the softwer/appearance looks very nice
                      Euro M3'87 NogaroSilver/Euro E34 M5 '93/Porsche 993 TT 97' Euro/Porsche 993 Carrera 95' Euro/Skyline R33 GT-R

Comment

Good job on all the hard work, but this format is way too convoluted. The threads are in the middle of my page and are way to jumbled with things- pictures, colors, words...it isn't very attractive.

I'm not shitting on anyone, I'm just voicing my opinion.

I do appreciate the work though.
                        1988 M3
                        2005 330ci

Comment

This is definately one of the worst forum layouts I have ever seen. It's so tacky with all the huge graphics and headers above each and every reply. The colors don't work. The fixed width does not suit a forum like this well, especially when most pictures in member's rides are bigger than the width of the forum.

I didn't think that much of the old layout but its light years better than this. If you decide to stick to this layout, can you make the layout user-selectable so I can still use the old layout?

EDIT: Also, there needs to be a lot more contrast between links and visited links, but I think that goes along with the poor color scheme.
                          Last edited by Digitalwave; 09-26-2005, 10:27 AM.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

I agree with TJ whole-heartedly.
                            I loved the old layout. I was simple, and easy on the eyes.
                            I hate the forums who have dark colors with light colored fonts, just makes things harder to read, for me at least. Also with the screen this narrow there is much more scrolling involved.
                            I say go back to the way it was.

Comment

I am not recieving email notifications anymore either.

RISING EDGE

Let's drive fast and have fun.

Comment

Originally posted by permit
                                I need those two magic buttons: "view your posts" and "view posts since your last visit".
                                I agree. You need to put the "view posts sice last visit" back.

Overall the forum looks better. I just never use the subforums, so without that button, I am having a hard time browsing through all of the new posts.

Keep up the good work.
                                -Erik

Comment

Working...
                                X