Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do we have a Ford Pinto banner at the top of the page?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mot View Post
    it's up because I found it in the archives and I made James put it up. Deal with it. it makes me laugh.
    why dont you make it link to bmw or something other than.....found on road dead

Comment

or put up a banner for BluntTek Enterprises
      Last edited by BimmerToad; 02-19-2007, 03:11 PM.
      San Diego BMW repair -> Jake @ www.littlecarshop.com Great guy :up:

Comment

FORD = Fucker Only Runs Downhill

Closing SOON!
        "LAST CHANCE FOR G.A.S." DEAL IS ON NOW

Luke AT germanaudiospecialties DOT com or text 425-761-6450, or for quickest answers, call me at the shop 360-669-0398

Thanks for 10 years of fun!

Comment

I vote for a blunt tech banner
          My 2.9L Build!

Originally posted by Ernest Hemingway
          There are only three sports: bullfighting, motor racing, and mountaineering; all the rest are merely games.

Comment

He, he. It is true that the connection between a Ford Pinto and a BMW forum is kinda akward, but there is worth. There's a local car forum (www.montrealracing.com) that catters mostly to illeterate ricers and underschooled deadbeats that has as a major sponsor a books vendor. Stuff like Mary Higgins Clark and Daniel Steele. The kinda of business that sells 5 books for $1. Damn, why spending money on a forum where people do not even know how to read?

Looking at Ford's Pinto reminds us how good our BMWs are...
            Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

Message From My Dad:

Pinto ! Owned one -- a '73 wagon -- and bought my first BMW -- '77 320 -- as my next car, my only brand thereafter. So, Pinto experience = BMW life long partnership.

Pinto positive features: my wagon never got stuck in the snow, motor would make HP with little effort. Add header = better mileage, more flexibility. You could even chip the car, Lays, Ruffles, Pringle, on dashboard; this was before computers!

Pinto dark side: (bursting into flames isn't exactly dark) Cam would wear out at 40K, gearbox first-gear weak until '74 (transmission was a Getrag which is used in some other type of car from Germany, so I've heard); rust -- mine never did because of undercoating.

Overall, my wife drove the car most of the time 'cause I road my R90S.

Originally posted by vlad
              Do you know anybody else who built that many bad ass E30s?

Comment

I saw a piece on TV, that the designers originally spec'd a inner fuel bladder within the tank of the pinto, but it was left off the production model. The bladder supposedly would of prevented the fires.

This article (http://www.fordpinto.com/blowup.htm)reminds me of fight club:
                A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                  I saw a piece on TV, that the designers originally spec'd a inner fuel bladder within the tank of the pinto, but it was left off the production model. The bladder supposedly would of prevented the fires.

This article (http://www.fordpinto.com/blowup.htm)reminds me of fight club:
                  A new car built by my company leaves somewhere traveling at 60 mph. The rear differential locks up. The car crashes and burns with everyone trapped inside. Now, should we initiate a recall? Take the number of vehicles in the field, A, multiply by the probable rate of failure, B, multiply by the average out-of-court settlement, C. A times B times C equals X. If X is less than the cost of a recall, we don't do one.
                  ^^^^
                  Now that's a lot of fancy math, all I care is that I get clean food.

It's not how you handle the good times, but the faith you keep in the bad that defines you.

Comment

Originally posted by browntown View Post
                    Sad but true. Ford basically put a price on life and found that families of dead people are cheaper to please than a recall in this case.
                    sigpic

Comment

As cool as the PINTO used to be, wasn't it the car that also had the shattering rear hatch window? I was a teenager in those days and kinda remember a few older friends who swore at those shatering rear windows.
                      Last edited by Massive Lee; 03-03-2007, 03:51 PM.
                      Brake harder. Go faster. No shit.

massivebrakes.com

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Massiv...78417442267056

Comment

I had a 1980 model that I bought from the original owner. It had a standard back window with a trunk lid although my buddy who had an earlier model had the all-glass hatch. I would always think in the back of my mind that one day he was going to slam it too hard.

Anyhow, that was one of my most favorite cars. I could let it run hot, I could let it run with no oil.. and it would not stop running. It never got stuck in the snow even though I dented one of my Cragars on the iron edge of a storm drain curb.

Comment

Sounds like my life not complete without having owned one..

Comment

Maybe people would feel safer in a pinto station wagon.

1992 BMW 325iC
                            1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
                            1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

this banner ad offends me, please take it down

Comment

It would..
                                :: PNW Crew ::
                                '87 325 4dr, '74 2002

Comment

Working...
                                X