No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Funkmasta View Post
    Thankfully I have been spared. Are they that bad? Isnt she the one that is turned backwards shirtless by the E34?
    Um, yes. Those are the ones. That's her E34.

Thank your lucky stars that you haven't seen them.

Of course, all of the Photoshop'ed pics that were posted shortly after she posted her originals were HILARIOUS :D

Comment

No. Being a member of R3V is on a volunteer basis. Following rules is mandatory.
      try again. see post #13

Comment

Are you serious?
        85 325e m60b44 6 speed / 89 535i
        e30 restoration and V8 swap
        24 Hours of Lemons e30 build

Comment

Originally posted by JGood View Post
          Are you serious?
          Yep.

I keep R3V on the computer at work all the time...

It's hard to promote R3V to E30 customers when there is a condom on the screen. Most people wouldn't understand. Plus, my employees think I am fucking around when they come in the office and there is boobs, condoms, etc etc on the computer.
          Joe Funk -- Portland Oregon
          That Guy.
          03 X5. 3 liter obviously.

Comment

Where do you draw the line? I don't know. But I feel that if there is something that could be offensive to the majority, then it should probably be screened.
            That Guy.

Comment

I wouldn't leave pics of a Condom up in my office at the airport where I work --- so I have to say the same applies to my computer.

If none of the moderators / administrators of the forum want to police the avatars / sigs, then the whole forum should be declared potentially NWS --- if that means hits / traffic on the forum drops off from 9-to-5 in each respective time zone, then that is the cost of doing business if you don't want to deal w/ setting a standard.

Comment

wow, this is getting out of control. i dont even have anything offensive on my sig and this bothers me.

heres a better idea, dont look at/leave up the forum if you fear (or fear someone else) seeing something offensive. its not as if anyone is twisting your arm to look.

Comment

Originally posted by smonkbmw View Post
                  wow, this is getting out of control. i dont even have anything offensive on my sig and this bothers me.

heres a better idea, dont look at/leave up the forum if you fear (or fear someone else) seeing something offensive. its not as if anyone is twisting your arm to look.
                  Your opinion will change dramatically when you have kids or customers of your own.

Comment

kids maybe, but shouldnt you be paying attention to them anyways rather than sitting on the computer?

customers? if i were a customer id rather see a business doing something business related than surfing the internet. (yes joe i know i know, but in this case im playing the guy that doesnt know who you are)

pretty soon anything labeled NWS will be to offensive to be on the forum also, when will it stop?

Comment

kids maybe, but shouldnt you be paying attention to them anyways rather than sitting on the computer?

customers? if i were a customer id rather see a business doing something business related than surfing the internet. (yes joe i know i know, but in this case im playing the guy that doesnt know who you are)

pretty soon anything labeled NWS will be to offensive to be on the forum also, when will it stop?
                      I am not just surfing. I am promoting R3V, and have a lot of information to share. Additionally, it is good for my business to be well known on the forums, and it is good for the forum members to have a safe place to buy parts from.

It's just hard to be taken seriously about how good of a resource R3V is, when you try to look something up and there are boobies all over the place.

It really sucks recommending R3V to customers over the phone, because I have to throw in a disclaimer about how some things are handled.

I LOVE how fast someone gets banned when they are discovered to be bad for the community, it is actually a great policy. Let's build this forum into the premier E30 forum for ALL ages/backrounds.
                      That Guy.

Comment

I just found this thread, but I'm glad someone finally said something. It's been bothering me too.

You are being unrealistic. Obviously we aren't going to become avatar nazis, I don't think the members of the board would LET that happen. Just keep in mind, however, that this is a CAR forum. Condoms and babies popping out aren't appropriate on a car forum.

I like to surf the forums during my lunch break at work. The computer is in an area of the shop where ANYONE can walk up at any time. So there I am reading a thread, looking at pretty E30 pictures posted by someone with a large, hairy ass in their avatar, and my service manager walks up. I'm not doing anything that could be considered inappropriate, but because some dude decided it would be funny to put a big, hairy butt in his avatar, I'm in trouble. Wouldn't that suck?
                        sigpic

Comment

ya know I have some sympathy, but in the end I do ZERO personal business on my work computer -- unless it's all I have on a business trip, in which case I am very careful, plus the company's firewall blocks most stuff anyways.

I've been to enough seminars about how you can get in trouble on a work computer, so I just keep the two entirely separate.

Comment

But you could have a little respect for others who like to surf on their lunch break. I mean...does it really detract from your posting experience to have a boob-free forum?

I bet you guys wouldn't appreciate it if I had a dude shaking his ass in my avatar. :p
                            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by kellie View Post
                              But you could have a little respect for others who like to surf on their lunch break. I mean...does it really detract from your posting experience to have a boob-free forum?

I bet you guys wouldn't appreciate it if I had a dude shaking his ass in my avatar. :p
                              One avatar of a dude's ass in exchange for many booby avatars = deal.

Comment

I'd suggest going to your options and disabling sigs and avatars. Your pages will even load faster.

Project Thread | Instagram | Phoenix, Arizona Events Thread

Comment

Working...
                                X