R3VLimited Forums

Go Back   R3VLimited Forums > E30 Technical Forums > Car Audio & Electronics

Old 09-15-2018, 03:51 PM   #1
othatseric
Advanced Member

si board batteries

So I replaced my old batteries a few days ago and was planning to re install the board back into the car later this week. The batteries are the 3V CR14250se ones. I re-tested the voltage just now on the batteries and they're at 2.6 volts now... Before I soldered them onto the board they were at ~3.2 volts. The board hasn't been plugged into the car yet at all.

Wth is going on lol

The only thing I could think of that could explain them dying so quick is sitting on the shelf from my retailer for a long time.

edit: they're @ 2.8 volts now and climbing slowly

Last edited by othatseric; 09-15-2018 at 04:04 PM.
othatseric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2018, 04:37 PM   #2
isaac.delgado
Noobie

Quote:
Originally Posted by othatseric View Post
So I replaced my old batteries a few days ago and was planning to re install the board back into the car later this week. The batteries are the 3V CR14250se ones. I re-tested the voltage just now on the batteries and they're at 2.6 volts now... Before I soldered them onto the board they were at ~3.2 volts. The board hasn't been plugged into the car yet at all.

Wth is going on lol

The only thing I could think of that could explain them dying so quick is sitting on the shelf from my retailer for a long time.

edit: they're @ 2.8 volts now and climbing slowly
Just install the SI board back and turn on the car for a few minutes, they will recharge.
isaac.delgado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:54 PM   #3
earthwormjim
Wrencher

Quote:
Originally Posted by isaac.delgado View Post
Just install the SI board back and turn on the car for a few minutes, they will recharge.

CR14250se are non-rechargeable lithium ion batteries. The lithium ion version of the SI board does not have rechargeable batteries. The batteries are diode isolated too, so even if they were rechargeable, current cannot flow into the batteries.

othatseric, can you measure current flow for the batteries? Perhaps you have a short on the board from a damaged or old component.
earthwormjim is offline   Reply With Quote