Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Custom DSSR's - Version 3!! Stainless Steel - $60 shipped!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by badwella View Post
    I believe so. I'm not 100% if this is correct, but most sources I have found say that the SETA still used the dual mass flywheel which would require the deep bellhousing G260. That would make it the same length as the 325e DSSR of 180mm vs the 325i DSSR at 187mm. The 325ix uses a 190mm DSSR.

If that is the case, then I will have no problem making this. I guess an easier way to check is to look for the carrier style for your shifter. The stamped steel one would mean the 180mm and the aluminum version would either indicate the 187mm or 190 mm.

M42 DSSR's are 275mm and I can make that no problem as well.

If this turns out to be the wrong length and you need a different length or custom length DSSR, I will gladly exchange it for the correct unit.

Best regards,

Ben

I actually bought the 325I DSSR from Garagistic and its definitely the wrong size.. I have to double-check by how much, and I have the "aluminum version" shift carrier...

Comment

Originally posted by e30strokr View Post
      I actually bought the 325I DSSR from Garagistic and its definitely the wrong size.. I have to double-check by how much, and I have the "aluminum version" shift carrier...
      Hmm, peculiar. Please update with your results.

Maybe a previous owner installed an aluminum carrier on yours? There were certain years of the G260 that had the tabs for the late model carrier as well as the threaded bosses for the early style.

Maybe it came like that from the factory. The end of the aluminum carrier is essentially a straight rod so it could definitely sit further in the rear carrier bushing and make up that 7mm difference between the 325i and 325e shift rods.
      P.O.S 1989 325is - aka Project Sh*tbox

Project Shitbox - Restomod and other stuff - soon to be 328is

Comment

if your still making them i will take one for an early eta! so i would need to switch to the later selector joint with this right?

Comment

Originally posted by OutSpoken View Post
          if your still making them i will take one for an early eta! so i would need to switch to the later selector joint with this right?
          Awesome! Yes, you will need the late model selector rod joint to run these. If there is a larger demand in the future for versions that will fit the old style, that may be something I can make but until then, the late model part is required. The MTC brand ones can be purchased for around $13. Occasionally cheaper.

Best regards,

Ben

Comment

Alright haha, just ordered one and a new pin, any specific nylon washers i need? I can pay for the dssr order asap if you want.

Comment

Originally posted by OutSpoken View Post
              Alright haha, just ordered one and a new pin, any specific nylon washers i need? I can pay for the dssr order asap if you want.
              Hey man, awesome. That part is required to run anyone's dssr so it's not a bad investment anyway.

Don't worry about the nylon washers. I include those with the bolts and nuts that I send out with each order.

Comment

Originally posted by badwella View Post
                Hey man, awesome. That part is required to run anyone's dssr so it's not a bad investment anyway.

Don't worry about the nylon washers. I include those with the bolts and nuts that I send out with each order.
                sweet, ill pm you, send me the paypal and ill get the payment sent over to you

Comment

I have a SETA which is running a single mass flywheel now (and I think a g260 from a 325i). Would either the 325e or 325i DSSR fit?

(if so, I'll absolutely buy one!)
                  Last edited by MuhTorks; 09-15-2017, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Interested in a m6x five speed dssr!

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk
                    M30 is God's motor.....but Jesus drives an M60'd car -slammin.e28

Comment

Anyone know if badwella is still making these? I'm in the market but he has not responded to a PM I sent him.

Comment

I got a message from him a few months back that he wasn’t. Went with Gargastic

Comment

Working...
                        X