1985 325e no start

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1985 325e no start

I have an 1985 325 that has started fine for the past year. One day i went to start the car and it cranked but no start. I have found out the the fuel pump is getting no power and not priming when i turn the key on. Tried to jump relay 30 and 87...no luck. No power to fuse 11 either. Any solutions?

OK, back up a bit. Do you have 12 volts on pin 30 of the fuel pump relay? That appears to go directly to the battery junction block.

Could you be missing the ground for the fuel pump?
    2004 525i Manual - 1985 325E Coupe Manual

Comment

no, I have .002v to "30". But my battery has a steady 12v. I have also swapped the relay with a new one and no luck.
      Last edited by coleagnew15; 09-21-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Try bypassing the OBC relay. The OBC relay cuts power to the main relay and the fuel pump relay shares power with the main relay, so this may be your problem. Under the drivers kick panel, behind the abs computer(big shinny silver box if your car even has abs being a 85 eta), is a small 4x6x1 inch black box with 2 green connectors. The connectors look like the door chime connectors but green. In those 2 green connectors there are about 6 wires. The 2 largest wires are green and green/red. Cut the green and green/red wires then splice them together to bypass the obc relay.

Comment

Originally posted by RobDog View Post
          Try bypassing the OBC relay. The OBC relay cuts power to the main relay and the fuel pump relay shares power with the main relay, so this may be your problem. Under the drivers kick panel, behind the abs computer(big shinny silver box if your car even has abs being a 85 eta), is a small 4x6x1 inch black box with 2 green connectors. The connectors look like the door chime connectors but green. In those 2 green connectors there are about 6 wires. The 2 largest wires are green and green/red. Cut the green and green/red wires then splice them together to bypass the obc relay.
          Okay thanks i’ll try this today. Is it okay to keep the wires cut and spliced permanently?

Comment

Yes it ok to keep the wires permanently spliced together.

Comment

Help help help
              i’ve been trying to locate the problem on the car for a while now. New cps, no luck. Still no spark and no fuel. Could it be the ecu? relays are good but fuse 11 has no power. Any ideas?

Comment

Originally posted by coleagnew15 View Post
                Help help help
                i’ve been trying to locate the problem on the car for a while now. New cps, no luck. Still no spark and no fuel. Could it be the ecu? relays are good but fuse 11 has no power. Any ideas?
                So you have a new problem then the guy who made the thread........

theres so many questions and things you have to tell us like when it started the problem.....how long ....if it was always like this ......

going off what your saying ....... could need a new flux capacitor
                PERSON 1 - "It whispers to me at night...and convinces me i have to spend all my earnings on it...and buy all this stuff....to be cool...and be euro."

PERSON 2 - "Oh your married too?? Oh you mean the car....yes ....yes i agree...:shock:"

Comment

okay i installed a new cps, and new ecu. Car hasn’t been running for 2 months. No power at fuse 11 and no spark and no fuel. friend said it might be ignition switch? Please help

Comment

1985 325e No Start HELP!!!

My e30 hasnt been running for a month or 2. No spark or fuel. I replaces both cps, tried new ecu, and main relay. when i checked the ecu today there was no power for "Voltage supply to control unit" along with "Fuel oump relay" and injection control. Thinking it might be injector ground?(pin 18 that is appart of voltage supply to control unit) Plz someone help/ give suggestions.

Comment

What pin is not getting power on the ECU?

Comment

plz help!!!

Comment

moved and merged your two threads....
                          Simon
                          Current Cars:
                          -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Originally posted by RobDog View Post
                            What pin is not getting power on the ECU?
                            Pin 18 and 35(on montronic 1) also pin 20 for fuel pump relay and fuel injector pins (14/15)
                            Pin 18 is injector ground, could this be the problem?

Comment

if someone private messages me i will legit pay $50 if they can walk through and help me fix

Comment

Working...
                              X