• Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's about damn time you put a 5spd in there

88 325iS(Cam'ed m20)
    P2 S60 Daily
    IG: @ratherbefisting

Comment

Have you pulled the auto. out before? I had a real heck of a time with the top trans bolt and just yanked the whole engine. Which has been both bad and good for different reasons.
      I hope for your sake that you get the 5spd in quickly and easily. I hope for my sake that you don't get it in before I finish mine O__O I have only been working on mine a couple hours every Saturday and the "While you're in there" bug just pwns me. I am hoping to have the engine and trans back in the car 2 weeks from now but still not running yet, because other stuff must be done........ while im in there .

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
        Have you pulled the auto. out before? I had a real heck of a time with the top trans bolt and just yanked the whole engine. Which has been both bad and good for different reasons.
        I hope for your sake that you get the 5spd in quickly and easily. I hope for my sake that you don't get it in before I finish mine O__O I have only been working on mine a couple hours every Saturday and the "While you're in there" bug just pwns me. I am hoping to have the engine and trans back in the car 2 weeks from now but still not running yet, because other stuff must be done........ while im in there .
        Just drop the subframe a little.

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
          I dont have a trans to replace it yet, its not really dead yet so I'm not in an urget hurry. I've read up on teh 5 speed swap tutorials and think I can get it out just fine. If I can turbo a car I can swap a trans right lol..

7speedshop.com

Comment

The manual swap is way easier then it seems, the hardest part is getting the auto out! After that its just basically a clutch job. Just finished mine last weekend took about 10 hours all together, that's on jack stands!
            87 325is

Comment

Working...
            X