No announcement yet.

MY auto TURBO E30

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it will stay auto until this blows up. According to most of r3v this transmission wouldn't make it around the block lol... The only mod to the transmission was a shift kit. I have to admit I'm having tons of fun with it being auto, more fun than my wrx which is 5 speed, I simply put my foot down and hold on.

as for the wide band, my ignition also cuts out at the same time resulting in a large pop from the exhaust. It only cuts out for the blink of an eye, not even enough to slow you down, but enough to reset that gauge which his wired in to the stock ignition controlled 02 wiring.

7speedshop.com

Comment

i want a ride :)
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JasonC View Post
        maybe if they made a high stall converter for these, the auto wouldnt be half bad.
        I found a company making them a few years ago when I looked into it.
        I was looking at building a turbo e30 for the girl and 5 speed wasn't her thing.
        I will see if I can find it when I get home..

Comment

Originally posted by White325is View Post
          I found a company making them a few years ago when I looked into it.
          I was looking at building a turbo e30 for the girl and 5 speed wasn't her thing.
          I will see if I can find it when I get home..
          That would be cool. Cause i'm sure there are guys and gals out there wondering the same and looking for info.

1992 BMW 325iC
          1978 Chevrolet Monte Carlo
          1965 Chevrolet Corvair Monza 140hp

Comment

that sick me and my bro were just talking about doing a auto turboed just for shits and giggles :giggle: looks like you beat us to it lol
            Last edited by red_e30; 12-17-2011, 05:42 PM.
            sigpic

my build thread:http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=232324

Comment

I know TCD makes a high stall converter for M30 cars... maybe they would know where to get one for an M20 car?
              -Alex

Comment

how does it feel compared to stock?

Comment

haha it feels like a different car. I knocked a minimum of a second off of everything. You can watch my stock 0-60 videos and compare the 30-60- acceleration. It used to take me a bit over 4 seconds and now it does it in 3 with out trouble. Just wait until I turn up the boost and iron out the bugs.

speaking of TCD they have a car with somewhere around 300hp and the 4hp22

7speedshop.com

Comment

How much boost are you running?
                    sigpic

1989 Alpine 325is 2dr m50 swapped
                    Build Thread:
                    Current ongoing build. Check it out!
                    1991 318is 4dr rallycross
                    Rallycross Build Thread.
                    1991 Alpine 318is coupe - sold

Comment

just 7psi until I work out the bugs

7speedshop.com

Comment

Originally posted by Sagaris View Post
                        Do you think the AFR gauge resetting has to do with the transition from open loop to closed loop at high rpm? I know my wideband is very fussy about getting proper voltage. I am not able to run my power source off the O2 heater circuit like some people do, I have to connect it somewhere else on the car. See if turning off any lights, radio, fan etc help it to stay on at 5k.

Connecting a volt meter (analog or really high end digital would probably be best) to its power source and monitoring if the voltage dips may help diagnose that.

Nice work!
                        If possible run the a whole new circuit for the wideband. And make sure it has very clean grounds.
                        1985 325e 2.8 Turbo VEMS

Comment

^cool, this video was at 7 psi and the car is running 9psi now and it feels worlds better.

7speedshop.com

Comment

awesome videos!
                            that thing seems like a heap load of fun for being auto

:shock:
                            :pimp:
                            :drink:

Comment

doing a 5 speed swap within the 1-2 months:) Really trying to get it done before auto-x season. If anyone wants to help donate parts:), because I'm broke...

The transmission just isn't happy at 9psi and cant really make the shifts fast enough; it either revlimits or slips into the next gear instead of that real crisp shift that it had at 7 psi, resulting in me not being happy so I'm doing a swap.

7speedshop.com

Comment

Working...
                              X