Turbo m20 fuel setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Turbo m20 fuel setup

Turbo m20 guys, what is your fuel setup? How do you like it? My setup is stock late model pump, aem 400lph inline pump, aeromotive 30-100psi afpr. I haven't finished my build and any input or advice is welcome and appreciated.

Originally posted by dirtyEthirtyIX View Post
    Turbo m20 guys, what is your fuel setup? How do you like it? My setup is stock late model pump, aem 400lph inline pump, aeromotive 30-100psi afpr. I haven't finished my build and any input or advice is welcome and appreciated.
    Mines a stock early model with 300lph inline pump, new OEM FPR, 36lb injectors and the megasquirt pnp from diyautotune. Mines low boost at 11 psi but same as my buddies 350-400whp car and runs perfect without issues. 400lph is a lot of overkill I’m thinking.
    2016 F-150
    1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

My brother had it laying around from different project. I'm also running 60lb injectors and ms2 from whodwho, I went with the kamotors canyon crusher turbo kit and stroked to 2.8l

Comment

What are people finding asthe limit for the intake late model pump ?
        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Originally posted by digger View Post
          What are people finding asthe limit for the intake late model pump ?

I think people generally just automatically toss in a Walboro 255lph or a Bosch pump.. pretty cheap and leaning out due to a insufficient fuel pump is never good.

I ran 11psi on my early model dual pump setup for like 300 miles without issue... Think the late model early taps out around 7-8 psi?
          2016 F-150
          1987 Royalblau 325es B25 turbocharged

Build thread here: http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=405594

Comment

Technically the way to do it is to work out how much fuel you actually need using this calculator,

Then see how your pump compares. Id say you want 50% headroom.

It is also possible to have too much flow, and all you end up doing is pumping your fuel around and around your engine bay heating it up. And then can get vapor lock....and you get a noisy fuel pump.

Comment

Originally posted by E30-Ellerman View Post
              I think people generally just automatically toss in a Walboro 255lph or a Bosch pump.. pretty cheap and leaning out due to a insufficient fuel pump is never good.

I ran 11psi on my early model dual pump setup for like 300 miles without issue... Think the late model early taps out around 7-8 psi?

i'm wanting to run a standard pump on my NA stroker. i'm expecting a decent bump in power from what i have now to end up somewhere at most double the factory b25 power level so just wondering if im going to get issues.
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

255 intank and Bosch 044 in-line ., stock fpr, 60 lbs injectors ,5/16 hard lines feed and return, 16lbs of boost 400hp haven’t had issues

Comment

Currently ruining a walbro 450 in tank with id1000 and stock lines. Soon switching to 8an feed and 6an return and aftermarket fpr and id1300 for e85. Hopfully good to 600 wheel with that setup.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk
                  Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

IX being restored here

Ix turbo build here

Comment

Working...
                  X