325ix prodiuction figures

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

325ix prodiuction figures

I'd like to make these into an online database but for now I'll just post some of the basics here.

Total worldwide, from 02/1985 through 12/1992: 43560

Total Euro: 28516
    Total Japan: 8698
    Total North America: 6346

2-Door: 12557
    4-Door: 25730
    Tourings: 5273

USA model year (based on september being start of new model year):
    1988: 1715
    1989: 2797
    1990: 977
    1991: 857

These figures are straight from BMW production data.

also interesting to know - there are actually a small handful of 1988 automatics - 41. Possibly these went to Canada or were rental cars. I found information a few years back that a car rental company bought a number of them for Ski rentals. The earliest six (07/87) were likely dealership demo cars. Two were 2-Door and four were 4-Door.

certainly there were 4 doors built for '88, but they all went to Canada.
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

i asked the same.
    go here
    1991 318i Slicktop - Sold
    1991 325ix - Sold
    1997 Estoril M3 Coupe - Sold
    1986 325es - RIP
    1997 328is - Sold
    1995 Avus M3

instagram @MattLarzz

//M42 GOON-SQUAD
    http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=281596

Comment

I'm going to remove the above post to avoid confusion over the correct numbers, since there are so many conflicting values. mine are the only ones backed up by actual data (that I'll post, eventually, when I figure out the best format).
      Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by nando View Post
        I'm going to remove the above post to avoid confusion over the correct numbers, since there are so many conflicting values. mine are the only ones backed up by actual data (that I'll post, eventually, when I figure out the best format).
        ok sorry about that...thanks for clarifying these numbers finally!!

Comment

no worries.

I actually thought there were a lot more US cars than ~6500, but that's still more than the wild variances between 310 '88 cars to 2000 '88 cars and only a handful of '91s.

The big surprise was nearly 9,000 in Japan, but it makes sense as I know a number of ix's imported from Japan. Maybe they like mountain driving or something..
          Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

I wonder how many are still on the road today. I see so many getting parted and and scrapped. I know I've sent one to the scrap.
            Last edited by Mlarsen; 03-19-2013, 09:44 AM.

Comment

half probably rusted to peices. another half were probably wrecked. half of the ones not wrecked have been ruined by people wanting to make "drift" cars. Then half of those that remain are probably garaged and never come outside. the rest probably have non-functioning transfercases and will be parted before long

who knows how many were destroyed by the idiotic "cash for clunkers" program.

notice how many ix parts cars there are..
              Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

half probably rusted to peices. another half were probably wrecked. half of the ones not wrecked have been ruined by people wanting to make "drift" cars. Then half of those that remain are probably garaged and never come outside. the rest probably have non-functioning transfercases and will be parted before long

had mine out last night in the snow here in NY...transfer case worked perfectly :) first time i had the car in snow, i was amazed!! i found this car more fun to drive in the snow than my audi with quattro :eeek::twisted:

Comment

Just for reference, where are you getting these numbers from?
                  1988 325ix

Comment

Out here in Colorado we see them put to work every day
                    I live in steamboat springs co which is a real small town and the only e30s i ever see are ix except maybe one es driving around

Comment

I've got an '88 4 door from Canada(eh). The only reason I haven't gotten plastic bumpers is so the iX nerds immediately know how cool I am.

Comment

Originally posted by Isostar13 View Post
                        Just for reference, where are you getting these numbers from?
                        I'd like to make these into an online database but for now I'll just post some of the basics here.

Total worldwide, from 02/1985 through 12/1992: 43560

Total Euro: 28516
                        Total Japan: 8698
                        Total North America: 6346

2-Door: 12557
                        4-Door: 25730
                        Tourings: 5273

USA model year (based on september being start of new model year):
                        1988: 1715
                        1989: 2797
                        1990: 977
                        1991: 857

These figures are straight from BMW production data.

also interesting to know - there are actually a small handful of 1988 automatics - 41. Possibly these went to Canada or were rental cars. I found information a few years back that a car rental company bought a number of them for Ski rentals. The earliest six (07/87) were likely dealership demo cars. Two were 2-Door and four were 4-Door.

certainly there were 4 doors built for '88, but they all went to Canada.
                        Originally posted by codyep3
                        I hope to Christ you have looks going for you, because you sure as fuck don't have any intelligence.
                        2001 silver/Blk 325 cabby. SOLD
                        1988 Blk/Blk e30 factory wide body kit car SOLD
                        1992 DS/BLK 325 m-tech II apperance pack cabby SOLD!
                        2002 325xit Sil/blk. SOLD
                        2012 328i xdrive touring. Wht/blk. SOLD
                        2009 135 cabby. monacoblue/blk leather SOLD
                        2007 Z4m coupe. Silver grey/black/ aluminum. 1of50
                        2010 F650gs twin
                        2016 M235i cabby. Mineral grey/Red leather

Comment

Nice work on gathering this data. I love seeing production notes and history on different models. I have a spreadsheet on Z4M production

Comment

my ix is '88 4 door automatic from canada, imported back to europe in 2001

Comment

I am very skeptical of those numbers. Only 6000 produced for the US market? iX's are all around me, they are usually driven by older women and look stock. Considering its been over 20 years since the last one was produced I would not expect to see as many around as I do if only 6000 were sold in the US market.

How many were crashed? broken TB? cash 4 clunkers? parts cars/ junkyards? With that knowledge and 20 some years in between how are there so many left?

I can count of 10 different iXs owned by myself or people I personally know, not to mention the 10+ I've seen on craigslist. You see them on the road occasionally too. There were 3 or 4 on denver craigslist just last month.

Here are 2 today:

318iS Track Rat :nice: www.drive4corners.com
                              '86 325iX 3.1 Stroker Turbo '86 S38B36 325

No one makes this car anymore. The government won't allow them, normal people won't buy them. So it's up to us: the freaks, the weirdos, the informed. To buy them, to appreciate them, and most importantly, to drive them.

Comment

Working...
                              X