Reunited and it feels so good!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Reunited and it feels so good!

FINALLY got my '91 IX down here to Texas and getting this build underway!
    It's going to focus on cosmetics and drive-ability 1st as it will be my getaway car for our upcoming wedding in Feb of 2018 :D
    Here are a few pics of what we are working with!
    Attached Files

Nice! I have the same color/year ix and it also needs work on cosmetics. Mechanically sound, but aesthetically unpleasing.

Comment

Originally posted by ghatid View Post
      Nice! I have the same color/year ix and it also needs work on cosmetics. Mechanically sound, but aesthetically unpleasing.
      Nice!
      Yeah she's not as mechanically sound as I remember, a few years of not being driven and just sitting in PA will do that

Gotta redo brakes and prob front suspension as well as the exhaust mani.
      Also the electrical systems seems to be possessed by something evil so I'll have to do some trouble shooting there too.
      Good times! :D

Comment

body work begins!
        Attached Files

Comment

Hood popped, time for a new radiator!
          Attached Files

Comment

Rust is the devil...

Successful changed the radiator and flushed the system, now on to body work.
            The amount of rust we are finding as we go along is discouraging but we are committed to restoring the car to it's former glory.
            Probably won't be any posts until we get the rust under control, wish us luck!

Comment

i don't want to discourage you in any way, but putting filler over the rust in the rear valance isn't going to last more than a year or so. it probably wouldn't be very expensive to get a body shop to weld in a little metal for you.

otherwise, glad to see you saving one of these rare cars!
              sigpic
              Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
              92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
              88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
              88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
              87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
              12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                i don't want to discourage you in any way, but putting filler over the rust in the rear valance isn't going to last more than a year or so. it probably wouldn't be very expensive to get a body shop to weld in a little metal for you.

otherwise, glad to see you saving one of these rare cars!

That actually makes a lot of sense. I actually plan on learning to weld here soon, so after the temp fix gives I will either make it more permanent or I will be ready to try and find a M-tech rear!

Thanks for the encouragement! I am always open to suggestions and feedback so everyone keep firing away!!

Comment

Next to tackle the exhaust manifold leak....Any recommendations for headers?
                  I don't mind them being loud I just want them to fit perfectly.
                  Thanks!

Comment

Paint job
                    Attached Files

Comment

almost roadworthy

Almost there!
                      Attached Files

Comment

How I fixed the exhaust mani leak!
                        Attached Files

Comment

I think I have that header on my car. Good luck changing your oil filter.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dark Side of Will View Post
                            I think I have that header on my car. Good luck changing your oil filter.

Ya know I was thinking about that as I was tightening the bottom bolts from under the car.....guess I'll cross that bridge when I get there lol.

Comment

So I hit a bit of a snag and had a exhaust manifold bolt break on me.

Anyone know the bolt# I need to order? I want to replace 12 of them after I get the broken bolt extracted.

Comment

Working...
                              X