Wheel color change help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wheel color change help!

Hey guys I’ve found an e30 just like mine with the wheels I want but I’d like to see what it looks like with the wheels being gloss black. Maybe you guys can help? The vehicle is not mine and I have used the internet to search for photos and found an e30 just like mine. If the owner feels any sort of way about it please let me know and I will take down the post. Admins if this is not permitted please let me know. I do not want to disrespect anyone or the rules in this forum.

This is my e30

This is the e30 that pretty much is the direction I’m headed with wheels and lowering it so I wanted to get an idea of the wheels in black to see if it’s worth the adapters/filling re-drilling holes in wheels.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    1992 325i Convertible - "project"
    1994 325is - Daily

Not a fan imo. chrome kidneys and silver wheels are where its at. Maybe if it was a coupe or sedan you could get away with the aggressive murder look, but not for verts. Just my opinion.

EDIT: if the first rolling car pic you posted had chrome kidneys it would look perfect.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Wheel color change help!

I actually love it lol. I always liked black on red. I see what you’re saying about it being a vert but I really really like it

Thank you for doing this for me!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

No problem! Do what you think looks best! :)

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
          ...chrome kidneys and silver wheels are where its at.
          I agree with this - classic look. But it's your car and your look.

Some pics I have (all coupes, sorry)

Click image for larger version

Name:	88 325 S52.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	64.5 KB
ID:	7194211

Name:	91 red 16s Ground Control nice.jpg
Size:	76.6 KB
ID:	7194212

Name:	red, just right.jpg
Size:	75.7 KB
ID:	7194213

Very red + black

Name:	very RED.jpg
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	7194214

Comment

Originally posted by LateFan View Post
            [ATTACH]119812[/ATTACH]
            This car always captures my attention. So simple yet so clean looking.

Btw op if you decide to go with the black out look I would suggest shadow lining your window trim.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by vtechnik View Post
              This car always captures my attention. So simple yet so clean looking.

Btw op if you decide to go with the black out look I would suggest shadow lining your window trim.

Yeah that’s definitely in the works as well!

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

I have full 5lug swap you could do, including adapters for front housing 4 lug to 5 lug using brake adapter, and special hub nut, appears as if someone welded the nut. Rear are 318ti trailing arms. There closely setup for Ground control coilovers. Which They have coilovers for them but way the PO setup up isn't the greatest but could be made to work better if you have someone who can weld. I would shorten the housing and install ix struts.. I have two sets of GC's and nothing but good to say about them. About 1HR or so away from you. I wanted to stay 4 lug so theses are well. Just taking up space until I do spring cleaning and For sale thread.

Comment

I want to stay 4 lug as well. I feel like going 5 lug is just too much involved plus suspension and what not. I rather keep it simple and use adapters. It's not a race car just a weekend cruiser/twisty fun. Thanks for the offer on the 5 lug swap though! Are you saying you are also parting with a set of GC's? what are the spring rates? I know for verts it has to be different since the rear has more weight
                  1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Unfortunately I am not parting with any of my e30 4lug ground control kits. But I did mention have getto put together e30 coilover kit. Camaro rear stocks with bc looking adjusters and eibach rear springs and front springs. I would find different adjusters for front but I would be willing to sell it cheap since its taking up shop space.

Comment

Since we have the same car colors just about. Il post both of verts to give you idea.

Comment

Last one

Comment

Originally posted by fight4life28 View Post
                          Last one

I always wanted those wheels for the e36 haha but I love the stance of the cars. I want mine to be like that no camber just lowered with the wheels flush to the body.

1994 325is - Daily

Comment

Keep the 16x8 style 5s the stock color, absolutely perfect for e30s, putting mine on next weekend :D

Comment

Originally posted by Jake325is View Post
                              Keep the 16x8 style 5s the stock color, absolutely perfect for e30s, putting mine on next weekend :D
                              You should post pics here after you mount them.

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Working...
                              X