• Time
  • Show
Clear All

don't you still have the E46?
    Build thread

Bimmerlabs

Comment

Originally posted by 808e30325i View Post
      what if you have a low milage e30, do you DD or garage it? mine just sits in the garage under a cover 352 days of the year.
      Bought mine with 59k miles (90-something kms - it's canadian). I've dailyed it since and it's got 74k on it now. It's totally stock. Wash and wax it regularly, and keep it under a cover often, but the California sun is still pretty harsh on it. All in all - one of the best purchases I've ever made. Really fun to drive, without getting into any trouble, never let me down, and it constantly gets compliments cos I keep it really clean.
      diamantschwarz 1991 318is

Comment

rather die driving it than die not driving it.

Comment

DDing since I bought it 6 years ago....or so . Plenty of work from home days, but it's still a joy to drive.

Comment

my old stock 318 was my DD and reliable and comfortable to drive,

now i DD an 24v e30 with GC coils, all poly bushings and loud exhaust. its annoying as hell sometimes, but it has yet to leave me stranded for 2k plus miles so far since i just started driving it.

if i could afford to plate and insure both my jeep and my e30, i would daily my jeep and my e30 would be a weekend cruiser.

Edit: my e30 is only a summer DDer hopefully it will never see snow. ill store it and let my jeep get rusty.

i have no idea what i am doing with my life

Comment

It would be a sin to DD a clean e30 in a rustbelt state like Ohio... mine comes out in the spring/summer and goes away when it looks like the salt is about to hit the ground. The e34 is the daily at 270,000 miles... it already looks like hell but it's a damn reliable car. Fortunately, I've got a company truck now so that takes some of the burden off.
              -Geno

'87 325is (s52'd)
              '95 525iT
              '02 Range Rover 4.6 HSE
              '98 Disco 1

Comment

E30 DD or Toy

Gotta have both- iX as daily, vert for sunny days.
                Regards
                Jef Rolison
                9 E30's just bought 'nother

Comment

Originally posted by BlackSpeed66 View Post
                  It would be a sin to DD a clean e30 in a rustbelt state like Ohio... mine comes out in the spring/summer and goes away when it looks like the salt is about to hit the ground. The e34 is the daily at 270,000 miles... it already looks like hell but it's a damn reliable car. Fortunately, I've got a company truck now so that takes some of the burden off.
                  It's not a problem if you do winter prep and clean it regularly during winter. So far I am three winters in with no body undercarriage rust, small areas bits of rust on subframes/hubs which I fix after winter. The real problem areas are the doors, especially in the hinge area. I say it's a total waste to not enjoy your E30 during snowy times!

Comment

iC - spring and summer
                    iX - fall and winter
                    1989 325iX Zinnoberrot/Black 65k miles

Comment

E30's have been my DD for 14 years now!

Comment

Originally posted by butters View Post
                        The truth about bags comes out? I'm curious to hear more... are they still bouncy at normal ride height?
                        Yeah they are bouncy whenever you bother them. If you drop the car and lift it back up it takes a couple of days to get nice and stiff again.

If I never touch it it gets nice and stiff and has a coilover feel.

Comment

Mine is my only car, so I daily drive the piss out of it! I'd love to get a clean e34 touring or some kind of fast Subaru to take some burden off of it though.. And to open the door for longer-than-the-weekend projects.
                          It's not bad paint, it's called "patina"

Comment

I usually DD it, but I broke my tailbone in March. Then it was painfully obvious just how much sport seats put pressure directly on your tailbone......

(I'm DD'ing the pathfinder until I can actually sit in it pain free again...)

Leave Me Transaction Feedback

Comment

Originally posted by TurboJake View Post
                              I usually DD it, but I broke my tailbone in March. Then it was painfully obvious just how much sport seats put pressure directly on your tailbone......

(I'm DD'ing the pathfinder until I can actually sit in it pain free again...)

All too familiar with that!

Compressed vertebrae for me, and couldn't ride around on coilovers, let alone shift gears without pain.

Last summer sucked.

All better tho now:-)
                              Originally posted by flyboyx
                              i have watched my dog lick himself off a few times

Comment

mine started out as a toy and now has turned into a DD.. Eventually I will get something else to DD and put this back to being a toy
                                Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Comment

Working...
                                X