X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transplant Shop Recommendations

Hello:
    Just picked up a 90is and am looking for a shop or forum member that does transplants. Thing of a S54 or S62, 6 speed 5 Lug etc.
    Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
      Will

I had loads of body roll at one point.
      Upgraded to 21mm Vert front sway bar and 14.5mm m3 rear bar and even at stock height it was cornering flatter. Both bars can be purchased for less than like $50-80. The most expensive part for me was powdercoating honestly

I still have obscene amounts of roll, but even those little upgrades made a pretty noticeable difference
      That isn't my car, its Travis, aka Yosemite Sam. My car has a 23mm bar, stock M3 rear, and H&R race springs. Its got some lean, but not that much. What is impressive in these pics is the amount of grip the car is actually producing in the rain. The course was slippery as heck.

Will
      '59 Alfa Romeo 101.02 Giulietta Sprint
      '69 Alfa Romeo 105.51 1750 GTV (R.I.P)
      '69 Datsun 2000 roadster Vintage race car
      '88 BMW M3

Comment

Originally posted by Funboy View Post
        Hello:
        Just picked up a 90is and am looking for a shop or forum member that does transplants. Thing of a S54 or S62, 6 speed 5 Lug etc.
        Thanks.
        drop car off edge Motorworks or performance technik with a open checkbook and it can be done.

PT has done S65 v8 swaps for those with the budget, Edge has a few clients racing S54 in NASA GTS with non-native chassis.
        OBD1 M54/M52TU swap as a M50b25

Z4 non powered steering rack fits e30

Euro e46 2005/6 320d 6mt gearbox into E30 with M20 hardy and beck 1985 327s engine

Comment

Hello:
          Thanks.
          If you are really in CA and not MA, RyanGMW will be your only option. but that's about a 15-20k swap.
          Much wow
          I hate 4 doors

Comment

+1 on RyanGMW

Ryan knows his stuff. Did work on my car fixing leaks when I ran into trouble on my 5-speed swap. Everytime I visited the shop, it was always a pleasure.

A shop-swap will be pricy, but Ryan offers full warranty on his work and has done the s54 swap multiple times including on his own m3

Comment

whats up guys?

Patrick - IG:niicknac
              RIP 1987 BMW 325is - S50'd ZF 6-speed, flared, bagged

Comment

Hay dood

Comment

Hai from vegas

Comment

Bay Area Shop Recommendations

Thanks gents for the Ryan G and Edge recommendations. Both have high reviews on yelp. Not sure who PT is though. I'm a newborn. The car is in the East Bay and I'm in MA. Will check them out,

Comment

performance technic: http://www.yelp.com/biz/performance-technic-dublin
                      cars beep boop

Comment

CAtuned seems to be decent for swaps as well, but no experience/affiliation.

Who else scored shit on black friday? Amazon had Samsung TVs on sale and the fiancee and I had $250 in Amazon bucks saved up from gift cards & gaming, so I pulled the trigger on a 58". Gaming is going to be awesome.
                        past:
                        1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                        1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                        1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                        1985 323i baur
                        current:
                        1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

i bought some skateboards, a button up, beanie, and a fish eye case for my phone :D

Comment

Hello:
                            Thanks.
                            5 lug is overrated. I would recommend staying 4 lug to save some money.

Comment

Bought GC sways for the m3 and a few cans of brake fluid and brake cleaner. Drove it with the new bushings, and damn, 75D transmits so much diff noise. Looks like that'll be next on the priority list.
                              2017 Chevrolet SS, 6MT
                              95 M3/2/5 (S54 and Mk60 DSC, CARB legal, Build Thread)
                              98 M3/4/5 (stock)

Comment

Originally posted by JinormusJ View Post
                                I have dailied a loud e30 exhaust collectively close to 5 years now with no cop trouble

And I live in ghetto Sac central

And pass by 3-4 cops on my normal commutes a piece

And I've never ran a front plate

I'm edgy as f
                                It's amazing what a few shades of skin tone will do :rofl:. I've gotten 2-3 front plate tickets but never any mention of my exhaust. It isn't obnoxiously loud though.

Thanksgiving break was a blast but amazingly short. Wish I had time to see some car guys but winter break is just a few weeks away.
                                The first car I ever rode in was an e30

Originally posted by Cabriolet
                                Wish you the best and hope you don't remember anything after 10pm.

1992 Mauritiusblau Vert
                                2011 Alpinweiss 335is coupe

2002 540i/6 Black/Black
                                2003 GSX-R 750 (RIP)

Comment

Working...
                                X