No announcement yet.

FS: 1987 BMW 325is coupe, GC coilovers, much more - No Longer Available

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I checked the car out this past weekend. The body is solid, and underneath is clean. The engine ran well and it handled great. However, it was not exactly what I was looking for.

Comment

Last edited by fresh_TD; 11-17-2016, 03:35 PM.
      '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
      '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Well this got interesting... Looks like a great early model car, it would certainly help to get all this mileage stuff sorted. Good luck with the sale, love the mods you've done.

Comment

Here's a possible way to resolve this...

fresh_td, post the VIN. The seller should provide this anyway, and it's a step toward more effectively proving you owned the car.

RampageRR, after fresh_td posts the VIN, provide a link to a free carfax report. People can make their own judgement.

When I was shopping for an e30, I found an 80k mile 318is. Carfax showed it likely had 280k. Seller had no idea. I found the previous ebay ad from 2 years prior and that seller clearly rolled back the mileage. How many owners in between you two?

Comment

Wbaaa1306h8251084
            '91 318i (Alpine) - daily
            '88 325ix (Zinno) - drive here and there!

Comment

Originally posted by fresh_TD View Post
              Wbaaa1306h8251084
              I just now saw both of your replies. First, let me say that I apologize if my suspicions came across as direct accusations. I went out of my way to let the interested buyer know that it was possible you had owned the car and I didn't have solid proof one way or the other.

Please understand the circumstances of why I was suspicious - I posted that the car was pending sale and didn't hear from anyone further about the car. Then, 2 or 3 days after that, you posted that you had owned the car and that I had inaccurate mileage info. Shortly afterwards I received a direct email from someone asking if I'd be able to come down in price on the car - I hadn't heard any offers on the car once I posted it was pending until right after you posted on the thread.

Then, when both the potential buyer and I contacted you for further info, you asked us for the VIN. I do understand that it would have let you compare and confirm, but please look at it from my point of view. It came across almost like someone calling me from my bank and asking me for my SSN or credit card number to confirm my identity. I would have rather you sent me the VIN and I compared to mine, then we would have both known for sure.

I also would have been super appreciative if you had come directly to me via PM with your info rather than just posting in the thread. I have no intention of misleading anyone, and I could have went back and changed the post title, listed mileage, and even the asking price with your info provided. That would have made the thread 100% accurate and without making me look like I was hiding information from anyone.

You have to understand that when I bought the car from the PO (and when I say PO, I'm only referring to the person I directly bought the car from - that's who I'm referring to when I say "... that I owned the car and was given a bunch of different info by the PO about the history of the car", not that you gave me bad info), I was told that the mileage was accurate. I had no reason to believe otherwise as the odometer was in working order when I test drove it and he told me it was accurate. The Carfax doesn't show mileage after a certain age, so it stops updating on there at around 115-118k if I remember correctly.

I'd like to extend an olive branch here and say that I shouldn't have posted my suspicions. I apologize for that. Again, I ask that you please look at this from my point of view and I hope that you can at least see where I was coming from.

Comment

All this being said, I hope that anyone who is possibly interested the car would agree that the mileage going from 135k to somewhere in the vicinity of 170-180k isn't a huge deal. I wish I would have known previous to posting the for sale thread so it would have been posted that way from the start.

I will adjust the price and original post to reflect the new info, as I 100% am not out to post bad info or put one over on anyone.

In addition, anyone who wants a copy of the Carfax for inspection, please just reach out to me.

Comment

Calling it from the cheap seats, but it doesn't come off as though you are trying to misrepresent the car, at all. This certainly wouldn't be the first time mileage was inaccurate on an e30, either. I think the only ones terribly concerned about mileage probably don't know much about these cars to begin with. Maintenance is all, and given the current condition, does not appear to have been skimped on. I can attest to Fresh TD as being a meticulous owner of his vehicles, and an avid enthusiast. Any which way you look at it, it's a gorgeous example of an early iS. I think your asking is perfectly reasonable, given the condition of the car. Were I in the market, I would seriously consider yours. Best of luck with the sale!
                  Last edited by ethurtee; 11-04-2016, 09:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ethurtee View Post
                    Calling it from the cheap seats, but it doesn't come off as though you are trying to misrepresent the car, at all. This certainly wouldn't be the first time mileage was inaccurate on an e30, either. I think the only ones terribly concerned about mileage probably don't know much about these cars to begin with. Maintenance is all, and given the current condition, does not appear to have been skimped on. I can attest to Fresh TD as being a meticulous owner of his vehicles, and an avid enthusiast. Any which way you look at it, it's a gorgeous example of a early iS. I think your asking is perfectly reasonable, given the condition of the car. Were I in the market, I would seriously consider yours. Best of luck with the sale!
                    I really appreciate the kind words. Hopefully this has all be sorted and I do hope fresh_TD has no hard feelings, as that wasn't my original intention.

Comment

Bump. Just to lessen some of the PMs and emails - I'm not in the market for a trade, as I already have another vehicle. Just looking to sell the car outright. Thanks!

Comment

Thread bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Bump

Comment

Very nice. Looks legit. GLWS!
                              My 325iX DIY Threads:

Front Wheel Bearing Replacement

325iX Rear Subframe Bushings and MUCH more w/pics!

325iX Steering Rack Replacement, Suspension, & Oil Pan job w/pics!

Comment

Originally posted by EyExR View Post
                                Very nice. Looks legit. GLWS!
                                Thanks, much appreciated!

Comment

Working...
                                X