X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great thread, subscribed!

Comment

Originally posted by ForcedFirebird View Post
      Are you grounding the k7 relay? With the stock engine the wire is open when starting and grounded when running to divert all power to the starter. There's an extra pole on the starter solenoid for it. Common with swaps.
      Thanks, I will check that the next time I go to the shop. We are supposed to get snow tonight so that may put me back a bit.

Wait, wouldn't that also kill power to the lights???
      Last edited by Fucatypr; 01-06-2017, 04:51 PM.
      1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
      1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
      1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
      1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Looks like it according to the ETM.

Also, on the center console (some models are above the radio), there is a window motor electrical breaker. Either a little square or rectangle button. On the back of that is two wires with spade connectors - if they are an open circuit, then the windows won't work. It was a safety thing back then so you didn't close a hand in the window...

Pics

ETM

EDIT: Looking back at your previous pics, it's the little square button, upper left on the console near the driver window switch.
        john@m20guru.com
        Links:
        Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Looks like it according to the ETM.

Also, on the center console (some models are above the radio), there is a window motor electrical breaker. Either a little square or rectangle button. On the back of that is two wires with spade connectors - if they are an open circuit, then the windows won't work. It was a safety thing back then so you didn't close a hand in the window...

Pics

ETM

EDIT: Looking back at your previous pics, it's the little square button, upper left on the console near the driver window switch.
          but that wouldn't kill power to the fuse
          1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

With the 3.73 gear in the rear and 195/60r14 tires, it has the gearing close to the s2000 and with vtec working now and I'm glad I didn't put a 4.10 in it yet.

VTEC!!!

Last edited by 2mAn; 11-12-2020, 09:54 AM.
            1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

nice work, good to see more f20/22c swaps. factory oil pan is fine, until you start pulling more G's on r comps. If your not planning on boost def get 4.10 gear or even 4.77 gears. 4.44/4.77 makes it fun in auto x and track.
              Your signature picture has been removed since it contained the Photobucket "upgrade your account" image.

Trust me it stock :yawn:

Comment

Originally posted by knuklehead92 View Post
                nice work, good to see more f20/22c swaps. factory oil pan is fine, until you start pulling more G's on r comps. If your not planning on boost def get 4.10 gear or even 4.77 gears. 4.44/4.77 makes it fun in auto x and track.
                Thanks! I love your car.

With the summer setup, 225/50r15 Pirelli Trofeo Rs, we will need a 4.10 rear.

1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post
                  but that wouldn't kill power to the fuse

I have a habit of leaving tabs/windows open for a period of time before responding. Get distracted at the shop etc,missed your edit. Either way, that link I gave is the ETM for a late model, it has the entire electrical block diagram for your car in .pdf format.
                  john@m20guru.com
                  Links:

Comment

I have a habit of leaving tabs/windows open for a period of time before responding. Get distracted at the shop etc,missed your edit. Either way, that link I gave is the ETM for a late model, it has the entire electrical block diagram for your car in .pdf format.
                    Thanks for that. Looking at the wiring diagrams the problem might just be k5 like you said. I won't be able to work on the car for a few days because of the snow we got and I have to get back to work.

So my buddy, who I played the practical joke on with the anti lag, got me back good. We had a complete civic exhaust in our parts storage and he put it on the e30 and it sounds just like a stock single cam civic with a fart can, lol. I will get a video before we rip it off next week.

Btw, went to one of my local junkyards few weeks ago...

Last edited by Fucatypr; 01-09-2017, 09:46 AM.
                    1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

I hope you grabbed the wheels off that e28.

Great thread so far.
                      1990 Alpine 325is
                      1992 Schwarz 325ic (sold)

Comment

Originally posted by BECKSTER View Post
                        I hope you grabbed the wheels off that e28.

Great thread so far.

no doubt! ...and the e30 wheel spacers...

We are lucky to see ONE 80's bimmer in the yards here. 10yr ago, there was a row of e30's, 5yr ago, a row of e36's, now lucky to see one of either, and they are stripped in a day. :(
                        john@m20guru.com
                        Links:

Comment

No I didn't get the enkei wheels but I did get the spacers (not sure what I'll do with them)

That 1992 cab pissed me off. It was a nice car and I have a thing for white cars.

one of the other mistresses.....

And yes I have a thing for rpf1 wheels

I'm really surprised nobody has asked about the crazy Volvo in the background of a few of my pictures.
                          1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

I think everyone assumed the e28's wheels were BBS RS.

I love the RPF1, I wanted a set for my RX8. I think they look better in larger sizes though. 17 or 18 is perfect. The convexity is weird on the smaller sizes.
                            AWD > RWD

Comment

Originally posted by Kershaw View Post
                              I think everyone assumed the e28's wheels were BBS RS.

I love the RPF1, I wanted a set for my RX8. I think they look better in larger sizes though. 17 or 18 is perfect. The convexity is weird on the smaller sizes.
                              Most of the time in the larger sizes they are flat spokes, that look better to me also but the only small ones that are flat spokes are the 15x8 like I have on the e30 and my crx

Wheels and tires for my crx
                              1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Did you grab the side trim on the white cab? Can you? I need it
                                Simon
                                Current Cars:
                                -1999 996.1 911 4/98 3.8L 6-Speed, 21st Century Beetle

Make R3V Great Again -2020

Comment

Working...
                                X