No announcement yet.

F20C powered 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had to repair 3 of the window switches and I got my 10 day temp tag so I can get it inspected. I'm picking up a used cluster until I can decide if I want to send the stock one out to get it repaired and add a 9k tach or just get a IQ3 racepak.....also picking up a 4.10 lsd diff.

We will finish up the temporary 2.5" exhaust so we can put some miles on the car. Once we are happy with the design of the mounts, we will start on the 3" oval inconel exhaust.

1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
    1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
    1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
    1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

The haltech couldn't see the speed sensor and now I know why. Brown with yellow is ground on the stock honda harness on the left.

Put a few miles on the car and it start to smoke bad under hard deceleration and the brake fluid level kept going low. The brake master was leaking fluid into the booster and the motor was sucking it up and burning it so.....

I went to get it inspected and ran across what I assume was a stock 335i. I was able to pull 4 cars on it from a light with my a/f ratio at 12.2:1. (still tuning it)
      1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

holy crap, oval inconel tubing? BALLIN'!

Originally posted by whysimon
        WTF is hello Kitty (I'm 28 with no kids and I don't have cable)

Comment

That seems... overkill.
          AWD > RWD

Comment

Any updates? Was looking forward to seeing this develop.
            drvn2wn

Comment

Originally posted by DRVN2WN View Post
              Any updates? Was looking forward to seeing this develop.
              We haven't had time to do the exhaust yet. Had to replace some of the front suspension....

.....oh, and got a new tag.

OVER9000 was taken :(
              1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Weighed the car yesterday and it's 2660lbs the full interior, spare and jack, and a half of tank of gas. 205lbs lighter than a m3, I'm happy with that.
                1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Looking good, too bad >9000 was taken, would have been perfect for the F20.
                  drvn2wn

Comment

any updates on this? i think i speak for a few people wanting pics of oil pan/mounts/crossmember. we need more info on this swap so we can have more honda swaps!! this will be the swap i do but i'd like to iron out details to minimize down time

Comment

damn, a 4.10 diff for an engine that goes over 9k? why not go with something like a 3.73 or a 3.46?
                      Originally posted by dvck
                      I'm going to say this nicely; go fuck yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by Sladek View Post
                        any updates on this? i think i speak for a few people wanting pics of oil pan/mounts/crossmember. we need more info on this swap so we can have more honda swaps!! this will be the swap i do but i'd like to iron out details to minimize down time
                        We have had a couple of local guys wanting to do the same swap so we've decided to make the swap a lot easier for everybody. The hope is for you to be able to start on a Friday night and drive the car by Sunday.

1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

We are now test fitting with an e36 rack and bigger sway bars and we are changing the mounts slightly.
                          1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

Will you sell swap kits?

Comment

Very cool thread. Among my favorite cars ever was an 01 CLS that I turned into a 3.7 stroker with 07 TLS intake. Thread of the build over on Acurazine.

[IMG]https://cimg4.ibsrv.net/gimg/my350z.com-vbulletin/550x225/80-parkerbsig_5096690e71d912ec1addc4a84e99c374685fc03 8.jpg[/IMG

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post
                                We have had a couple of local guys wanting to do the same swap so we've decided to make the swap a lot easier for everybody. The hope is for you to be able to start on a Friday night and drive the car by Sunday.

if you boil this swap down to a weekend you guys will be my heroes. I'm also thinking s2k trans with a K series wouldn't be too much different.

either way:

what's the plan for oiling? (dry sump? accusump?) how about for wiring and gauge cluster? it'd be awesome if you documented all that. my plan is to try and figure out a K series on an s2k trans, then use the s2k cluster and hook up the AC as well. most swaps are race oriented and I want to try and make it seem OE

Comment

Working...
                                X