Gremlins inside

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gremlins inside

I've had my 1989 325i vert 2 years, the car has been running great not a daily but drove it a few times a week sometimes more, all of a sudden it started having miss firing issues so I started changing the usual suspects, and decided to over haul quite a few things, I've changed everything all OEM or Bosch
    Fuel pump & Filter
    IVC
    Throttle position sensor
    CTS
    Spark plug Wire set
    Ignition coil
    Crank sensor
    Spark plugs
    Fuel pressure regulator

After all this it ran like a champ for drove it all day Saturday and Sunday when I went to start it wouldn't fire off, ended up installing a new Distributior cap & Rotor and still nothing? Any ideas?

Is spark present when the engine is cranking? If not the main relay, CPS, or fusible link are suspects, in that order.
    The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
    Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Also, what is the reading on your battery?
      Current:
      '88 325ic Silver 5sp
      '17 Subaru Outback 3.6R

Past:
      '14 Rav4 EV (with tons of torque!)
      '06 325i Black 5sp
      '02 S4 Avant Black 6sp
      '00 Boxster Silver 5sp
      '98 New Bettle Yellow 5sp

Comment

Fuel, spark, air, compression, ignition timing.

Which one don't you have?

Comment

I had the exact same issue. Went through the same cycle. Ended up being a CPS. Check yours. Mine test wayyy high.
          20% Accurate

Morty: Well Summer maybe people that create things aren’t concerned with your delicate sensibilities you know? Maybe the species that communicate with each other through a filter of your comfort are less evolved that the ones that just communicate? Maybe your problems are your own to deal with and maybe the public giving a shit about your feelings is a one way ticket to extinction.

Comment

Checking the CPS can tell if it is shorted or open. But even a CPS that tests okay may not be good. Only use new an OE/OEM replacement.
            The car makes it possible, but the driver makes it happen.
            Jim Levie, Huntsville, AL

Comment

Working...
            X