No announcement yet.

F20C powered 325i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no wiring to be done, just plug in the new engine harness into the c101 plug. The stock cluster works perfect. With the Haltech you can program the ecu to send 6 pulses per revolution to make the 6 cylinder cluster accurate. Nothing like seeing the stock tach sweep past well past 7k. The harness also comes with wiring to use the s2000 cluster if you want.

The oiling problem will be fixed with the new oil pan.
    1993 BMW 850ci factory 6 speed
    1992 Honda Civic Hatch, built B16, turbo, and nitrous
    1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap
    1989 Honda CRX, built LS/vtec, turbo, and nitrous

Comment

Originally posted by Fucatypr View Post
      There is no wiring to be done, just plug in the new engine harness into the c101 plug. The stock cluster works perfect. With the Haltech you can program the ecu to send 6 pulses per revolution to make the 6 cylinder cluster accurate. Nothing like seeing the stock tach sweep past well past 7k. The harness also comes with wiring to use the s2000 cluster if you want.

The oiling problem will be fixed with the new oil pan.

that's incredible, I'll be watching closely for updates!

Comment

New sway bars are in from UUC.....these guys ship so fast it's ridiculous.

Last edited by Fucatypr; 09-16-2017, 07:11 AM.
        1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

In for updates.
          sigpic

Comment

Ac would be no problem.

Comment

The next project will be this one owner 1993 850ci 6 speed. As of now the car runs great and has full service record from the dealer but it has a ton of mile so if/when it blows up, we won't feel bad about swapping it.

As for the e30 swap, we are building a prototype kit to see how well it all works and how fast the swap can be done. We are now looking for a car to do the swap in now. We found a real POS slicktop that just might fit the build.
              1989 BMW 325i, f20c swap

Comment

any new progress?

Comment

I will literally buy another e30 and build it around the ability to purchase those already-fabricated "swap-kit parts"
                  Always wanted to set up an e30 like this.

Good luck with the work fellas!

Comment

Also interested in updates. I'd be curious to know how much of the swap process would be different if swapping a K24 instead of an F20C.

Comment

Originally posted by rturbo 930 View Post
                      Also interested in updates. I'd be curious to know how much of the swap process would be different if swapping a K24 instead of an F20C.

I looked into this as I was thinking the same thing. itll take some oil pan/pickup tube work, an adapter plate for the trans, some wiring changes, some misc coolant line running and maybe some different engine mount arms.

look up the s2000 k swap procedure and you can kinda get an idea of what it takes. my plan was f20c swap and then start prepping for a kswap once that's up and running

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

There's a K20 to BMW transmission adapter package available from KMiata.

I bought one for my E36 K20 swap with EFR7163. The quality of the pieces is fantastic. And this will make my swap so much easier than making a bunch of custom stuff. Pretty much all I need to fab are the 2 front motor mounts and the turbo manifold. OK, there's a lot more, but it'll be infinitely easier than trying to swap in the Honda trans too.
                        Last edited by Jaker; 01-28-2018, 07:46 PM.

Comment

So glad I found this, sub'd

1988 ~ Lacey ~ 325iS

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post

I bought one for my E36 K20 swap with EFR7163.
                            Is there a build thread for your e36?

Comment

Originally posted by Victell View Post
                              Is there a build thread for your e36?
                              Sorry. No. Though I really should start one.

Comment

Originally posted by Jaker View Post

I bought one for my E36 K20 swap with EFR7163. The quality of the pieces is fantastic. And this will make my swap so much easier than making a bunch of custom stuff. Pretty much all I need to fab are the 2 front motor mounts and the turbo manifold. OK, there's a lot more, but it'll be infinitely easier than trying to swap in the Honda trans too.
                                I dont see how this swap is going to suck :) Probably a lighter and more powerful swap than M42 for sure!!
                                -Nick

M42 on VEMS

Comment

Working...
                                X