Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by efficient View Post
    Damn that looks sweet. Where did you buy hog ring pliers? And did you buy extra hog rings and from where?

Thank you

I bought this kit from Amazon. The front seats needed ~120 rings so I had to purchase another 100pack of rings to finish the back seats. 3/4” rings work best.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Glad to see that others have followed my lead. Question, did your kit include the leather to cover the seat backs and are they still covering these pieces with that thin grey foam?
      1986 E30 325E
      1989 E30 325iX
      2003 E54 X5.
      1993 Mercedes W124 300E
      1995 Mercedes W124 E320.
      2009 VW Touareg
      2007 Porsche Cayman S

Comment

Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post
        Glad to see that others have followed my lead. Question, did your kit include the leather to cover the seat backs and are they still covering these pieces with that thin grey foam?
        It did come with the leather for the seat back and they have stopped putting foam on that part. I just need to wait for my steamer to be delivered so I can warm it up and recover the back cover. I am going to go over the oem as the leather is so well attached it would likely destroy the card board. Pics up soon
        1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
        5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Where are you guys getting the backs of the seats redone?

Comment

In my garage

Comment

I was able to recover the back in my garage with some steam and some strong glue. Pics to follow.

Comment

How long is it taking you guys to receive your covers. I'm ready to order my set.
                sigpic

Comment

2-3 weeks

Comment

Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post

Seat backs were bare leather. I stripped the original leather down to cardboard and glued them on with strong upholster stuff.

Comment

Okay I just ordered my set!

A few questions for you guys. Did any of you replace the shocks on your sport seats? What stapler did you guys use to staple the leather on the center pads? What type of glue are you guys using to glue the leather the rear seat cover?
                      Last edited by Mike36; 04-25-2018, 05:25 PM.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by salvageland View Post
                        It took a while but finally got my covers and installed them. Let me know what you guys think! :)

Where did you get the option to pick that style of stitching?

I like how these turn out and finally got my color swatch sheet, but I'm still having a hard time finding a match for natur.

Comment

Originally posted by profbooty View Post
                          Where did you get the option to pick that style of stitching?

I like how these turn out and finally got my color swatch sheet, but I'm still having a hard time finding a match for natur.

This stitch pattern is specific to convertibles only. They now offer it on their website, though i don’t think coupe seat centers will accept them without modification.

Comment

I make my rear coupe seats in the horizontal style stitching, the coupe/sedan seats will accept a horizontal stitched cover.
                            How is the feel of the leather? I'm very curious about this because just purchasing enough leather to cover front seats cost more than they charge for the kits, and that's wholesale pricing.
                            Proud Owner and Operator.
                            sigpic

Comment

Looks like good stuff. I just bought another E30 and the sport seats I wanna put in it are shot of course.. these Lseat.com covers look perfect for the price

Comment

Ordered seat covers 4/16/18 Front and rears.

Covers were delivered 4/29/18. Really impressed with the two week turn around.

Replacing my Natur interior on my vert. I asked for swatches before ordering. They don't have the~exact OEM color however there are two that are very close;

Bisque- VERY close to OEM color but seems to be missing some tan and appears a little dark. This was the color recommended by Lseat.

Lark - A little bit lighter than OEM but with a but more tan added. Due to sun fade in my car on the carpets, door pockets, door cards etc are not the same color. I feel this color brings the interior together for all the sun fade and slight mismatch. I went with this one.

I have ordered hog rings and piers from amazon. hope to tackle this weekend. Will post pictures when done. Wish me luck first upholstery attempt. Doesn't seem too bad based on DIYs.
                                02/1992 E30 Cabrio
                                02/1989 E34 535iS

Comment

Working...
                                X