Want To Buy - New In Box BMW E30 Dashboard - Searching

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Want To Buy - New In Box BMW E30 Dashboard - Searching

As the title states I'm looking for a brand new BMW E30 dashboard. I might consider a used mint one if the price is right. I have lots of parts for possible trade or I'll just buy outright. Need one now to save me the trouble of swapping dashes between cars.

call steve at Bluntech. warning, it's about a thousand and from what i hear, only a couple left world wide.
    sigpic

Comment

Being that they apparently made a new batch of them with the newer type materials, it might be back in stock for good. Hard to think they would re-jig and only plan to make a few. That doesn't make sense from a manufacturing point of view.

long tall eta is right - I would start my search with calls into Blunttech, and maybe even Guten parts. Old Jordan (Stuck) might know about it too, as he bought one of the "new" ones not to long ago.
      Originally posted by Matt-B
      hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I've got a crackles dash with all the brackets whats your zip

Comment

I've been into bimmers for long enough to have seen parts that used to be a dime a dozen go NLA or skyrocket in price. There was one case a decade or more ago that a couple hundred or more 2002 owners placed pending orders and BMW did decide to do another run, but it was some small part not a dash. I stocked up on some goodies over the years but not everything I needed. I did read about the updated dash materials, but that was years ago and I don't know how many they started with. I'll check the above mentioned possible sources. Thanks for heads up on who to check with guys, I appreciate it....could you please edit your posts so I can get a head start, gonna call tomorrow. Thanks.

Comment

I heard that the pattern of the new dash doesn't match the rest of the interior, glove box and center console, supposably is made of the same material as the E36 which has a rubbery feel to it.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG View Post
              could you please edit your posts so I can get a head start, gonna call tomorrow. Thanks.

Blah! No head starts or dibs, or frontisies. We're not your mother.

Comment

My buddies orders with BMW NLA got canceled the other day. It had been pending for a awhile (we had half a dozen on order) but they completely cancelled all of them. So I get the feeling it's going to be a while before they do another run.

Some of it may be in cooperation with BMW Classic - if they are working on an E30 for a client, they may justify doing another run.
                1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
                2016 Ford Flex
                2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

No luck so far, still looking. I doubt BMW will do another run...they forgot about their past cars years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by CMG View Post
                    No luck so far, still looking. I doubt BMW will do another run...they forgot about their past cars years ago.

Not true. Since I opened my indy shop commercially in 09, new OEM dashboards went from $1600, then over $2k as supplies went down. Then about 5yr ago, BMW made a batch with a newer material similar to the e36. Suddenly, they were available new at the dealer and prices quickly dropped to as low as $800 to a reseller. They are about gone, and prices are back up for NOS.

On another note. Try and find Bilstein b8 shocks/inserts. My local warehouse has had 100 sets on order for almost 3mos. :(
                    john@m20guru.com
                    Links:
                    Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

There is no rythm or reason as to why or why not BMW Germany decides a production run on a particular part. The Euro front late model valance was BO for ages until they decided to pump some out. however, as I understand BMW is not actually producing them but farming out the production to an affiliate. Those days are long gone including all body panels.

As less cars end up being on the road and more get into the scrap heep less used parts become available. it is what it is...many NLA parts go for a Kings ransom and that is the nature of Supply and Demand.

Btw I do have two mind dashes in exceptional condition but when I got a shipping quote it was rediculous.
                      sigpic

Comment

Flock it and forget it.
                        1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                        5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by BMW_TUNER View Post
                          Flock it and forget it.
                          Flocking a dash is like why they have red lights in a strip club. It looks all good until you see that booty in the daylight - and then you run home and take a shower and pretend it didn't happen.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                            Flocking a dash is like why they have red lights in a strip club. It looks all good until you see that booty in the daylight - and then you run home and take a shower and pretend it didn't happen.
                            And yet people keep going back. Hahah
                            1989 332IS -S-Fiddy Four-Some weight removed.
                            5 lug E36 M3 Brakes Coilovers and LTW's and No ABS.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                              Awesome analogy, but its popular for the racers to flock the dashes. They look so much better in real life than in pics.

I used to think it was OK, after seeing one live, I'd take flock over gator skin any day.
                              john@m20guru.com
                              Links:
                              Transaction feedback: Here, here and here. Thanks :D

Comment

Working...
                              X