Anthony Bourdain dead at 61

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by z31maniac View Post
    I'm actually curious about this sentiment. Parts Unknown didn't seem that dissimilar to No Reservations or a Cook's Tour.

Hell he even went back to the same spots to visit and eat with the same people on Parts Unknown as he did on No Reservations.

He did do a bit more commentary on social/political issues, but I found that 99% of the time, I agreed with the guy on just about everything.

It reminds me I need to quit spending money on bullshit and get back to getting stamps on my passport. Japan, S. Korea, and Thailand are at the top of the list.

EDIT: I really regret not taking some of my severance money when I was laid off 3 years ago and not just going somewhere for a week. I came supremely close to buying a ticket to Tokyo. I shouldn't have been such a scared little bitch and just gone.
    I just grew up, less time in front of a screen.

Japan was pretty awesome. It's definitely somewhere you need to go more than once to experience it all, a week in either Osaka or Tokyo barely scratches the surface. Make friends with locals, you'll be lost and intentionally kept away from some of the more interesting things it has to offer without them.

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
      Ummmm. Is this a really inappropriate reference to auto-erotic-asphyxiation?
      I missed this some how... Of course it is, and seems like it might have been "accidental" anyway, so there for not really that "inappropriate" after all.

There has not to date been a mention of a note, text, email, tiwttererer or what ever that I have seen. Was reported to be madly in love and massively happy with the G/F and quoted recently and as wanting to stay alive for his daughter. Plus it was the robe belt that he used, seems kinda like a whoopsy when you look at it like that. Plus his good friend found him, would you not put pants on your friend out of decency or preserve their reputation if you were to be placed in a similar situation????? I think I would

I'll stick with he didnt have on pants until otherwise proven.
      Originally posted by Fusion
      If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
      The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
      William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by mrsleeve View Post
        I missed this some how... Of course it is, and seems like it might have been "accidental" anyway, so there for not really that "inappropriate" after all.

There has not to date been a mention of a note, text, email, tiwttererer or what ever that I have seen. Was reported to be madly in love and massively happy with the G/F and quoted recently and as wanting to stay alive for his daughter. Plus it was the robe belt that he used, seems kinda like a whoopsy when you look at it like that. Plus his good friend found him, would you not put pants on your friend out of decency or preserve their reputation if you were to be placed in a similar situation????? I think I would

He missed dinner the night before, and then breakfast that morning. After not responding to calls and knocks on the door, a member of the hotel staff found him in the bathroom.

His friend was the one who urged the hotel staff to check on him.
        Need parts now? Need them cheap? steve@blunttech.com
        Chief Sales Officer, Midwest Division—Blunt Tech Industries

www.gutenparts.com
        One stop shopping for NEW, USED and EURO PARTS!

Comment

Originally posted by cale View Post
          I just grew up, less time in front of a screen.

Japan was pretty awesome. It's definitely somewhere you need to go more than once to experience it all, a week in either Osaka or Tokyo barely scratches the surface. Make friends with locals, you'll be lost and intentionally kept away from some of the more interesting things it has to offer without them.
          Yeah, it's a bit more difficult now. Money is much more tight than it used to be, so a Japan trip will need a few years of planning and saving.

Probably try to do 5 days in each city on the same trip.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
            not like that barney rubble looking asshole on diners dives and drive ins.
            Spot on. That guy annoys the hell out of me, but the wife loves watching the show. All his damn armbands and "that's money!"

There's messes of restaurants around Portland that have his "Guy was here" tag or articles posted and it just gives me the creepiness...

Plus, I bet he has that Camaro shipped by enclosed hauler to every location, and dollars to donuts it's got chrome everywhere under the hood.
            1991 325i MT2 Touring (JDM bro)
            2016 Ford Flex
            2011 Audi A3 - wife's other German car

Comment

Originally posted by djjerme View Post
              Spot on. That guy annoys the hell out of me, but the wife loves watching the show. All his damn armbands and "that's money!"

There's messes of restaurants around Portland that have his "Guy was here" tag or articles posted and it just gives me the creepiness...

Plus, I bet he has that Camaro shipped by enclosed hauler to every location, and dollars to donuts it's got chrome everywhere under the hood.
              So what if it is? He's giving national publicity to local spots.

You kids will bitch about anything on the Internet, won't you?

Damn.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

So what if it is? He's giving national publicity to local spots.

You kids will bitch about anything on the Internet, won't you?

Damn.
                I agree with this..

Guy is doing something similar to Anthony, but on a domestic level.

He's going to restaurants where you can get a meal for 10 bucks, yah know? It where all the locals eat.
                Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Originally posted by flyboyx View Post
                  yeah....I don't know man. I think he was kind of an arrogant liberal douche but sort of in a good and likable way. not like that barney rubble looking asshole on diners dives and drive ins.

I am going to miss his show. my wife and I loved to watch it.

Originally posted by djjerme View Post

I have no opinion on either of them but I do love this stand up that talks about their "rivalry". I cant find the explicit version anywhere.
                  Shane is sick of people shitting all over Guy Fieri like he’s a member of Nickelback.Subscribe to watch more Team Coco videos https://www.youtube.com/channel...
                  1990 325iX - sterlingsilber metallic
                  1991 325i - lazurblau metallic

Originally posted by delamaize
                  E30 = Lego for men.

Comment

He missed dinner the night before, and then breakfast that morning. After not responding to calls and knocks on the door, a member of the hotel staff found him in the bathroom.

His friend was the one who urged the hotel staff to check on him.
                    Rub a quick one out before dinner the night in question????? and according to CNN, It was at his friends urgeing hotel staff to open up the door, so HE could go and check on Bourdain...

Originally posted by CNN article
                    " His close friend Eric Ripert, the French chef, found Bourdain unresponsive in his hotel room Friday morning.
                    Anthony Bourdain, the gifted chef, storyteller and writer who took TV viewers around the world to explore culture, cuisine and the human condition for nearly two decades, has died. He was 61.

Just calling it as I see it no more no less.....
                    If a car is the epitome of freedom, than an electric car is house arrest with your wife titty fucking your next door neighbor.
                    The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money. -Alexis de Tocqueville

The Desire to Save Humanity is Always a False Front for the Urge to Rule it- H. L. Mencken

Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants.
                    William Pitt-

Comment

it's kind of disturbing how much you want that to be the explanation, sleeve.
                      past:
                      1989 325is (learner shitbox)
                      1986 325e (turbo dorito)
                      1991 318ic (5-lug ITB)
                      1985 323i baur
                      current:
                      1995 M3 (suspension, 17x9/255-40, borla)

Comment

I dont really care, I am not a fan of the whole "tv chef" "tv Foody" thing anyway so. Yeah someone died prematurely at their own hand, thats shitty, but I really could care less....

William Pitt-

Comment

Originally posted by MrBurgundy View Post

He's going to restaurants where you can get a meal for 10 bucks, yah know? It where all the locals eat.
                          true, and this is perhaps the only cool part of it....but if you watch the show, just pay attention to how he treats people. the guy is a complete penis. he is like the Shaquille O'neil of restaurant critics.
                          sigpic
                          Gigitty Gigitty!!!!

88 cabrio becoming alpina b6 3.5s transplanted s62
                          92 Mtech 2 cabrio alpinweiss 770 code
                          88 325ix coupe manual lachsilber/cardinal
                          88 325ix coupe manual diamondschwartz/natur
                          87 e30 m3 for parts lachsilber/cardinal(serial number 7)
                          12 135i M sport cabrio grey/black

Comment

Originally posted by decay View Post
                            it's kind of disturbing how much you want that to be the explanation, sleeve.
                            Wow. So someone kills themselves, and you assume it was a wacky-wacky-I'm-hanging-myself-so-it feels-better when their is zero proof of that, and he was know to have talked about depression. Good greif man.

What kind of world do you live in that you judge a man's death on "I assume he was jerking off until I have proof otherwise"
                            Last edited by george graves; 06-15-2018, 03:46 AM.
                            Originally posted by Matt-B
                            hey does anyone know anyone who gets upset and makes electronics?

Comment

I dont really care, I am not a fan of the whole "tv chef" "tv Foody" thing anyway so. Yeah someone died prematurely at their own hand, thats shitty, but I really could care less....
                              Obviously. That's why you have made multiple posts about it.

If you meant COULDN'T care less, you'd be lying.

www.gutenparts.com

Comment

Originally posted by george graves View Post
                                Wow. So someone kills themselves, and you assume it was a wacky-wacky-I'm-hanging-myself-so-it feels-better when their is zero proof of that, and he was know to have talked about depression. Good greif man.

What kind of world do you live in that you judge a man's death on "I assume he was jerking off until I have proof otherwise"
                                What kind of world are we living in that I HOPE it was an an accident while jerking off? It's just crazy to think that someone who appeared to have his demons in check and was so successful would end it all.

I liked his shows. It's been said that he really had a way of bringing people together with food. He sat down with people that he would otherwise have no commonality with and had a good time sharing food and exchanging experiences. He had a perceived authenticity about him that separated him from some of the other tv foodie types (Guy can suck it).
                                Follow us on Facebook and Instagram

On qualified parts... email me at dealindave@blunttech.com

Comment

Working...
                                X