Lseat.com Leather Seat Covers???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pilot_anderson View Post
    Ordered seat covers 4/16/18 Front and rears.

Covers were delivered 4/29/18. Really impressed with the two week turn around.

Replacing my Natur interior on my vert. I asked for swatches before ordering. They don't have the~exact OEM color however there are two that are very close;

Bisque- VERY close to OEM color but seems to be missing some tan and appears a little dark. This was the color recommended by Lseat.

Lark - A little bit lighter than OEM but with a but more tan added. Due to sun fade in my car on the carpets, door pockets, door cards etc are not the same color. I feel this color brings the interior together for all the sun fade and slight mismatch. I went with this one.

I have ordered hog rings and piers from amazon. hope to tackle this weekend. Will post pictures when done. Wish me luck first upholstery attempt. Doesn't seem too bad based on DIYs.
    Good to hear! I ordered mine a week and a half ago, I decided to go with Scarlet since I wanted a brighter red than the traditional cardinal red. I have everything taken apart already, I should probably go ahead and order a steamer and hog rings.
    sigpic

Comment

Does anyone have the swatch sample? Or know what color will match closely to the cardinal red? I want to redo my seats asap

Comment

Originally posted by x_FonsoE30 View Post
        Does anyone have the swatch sample? Or know what color will match closely to the cardinal red? I want to redo my seats asap
        Originally posted by nextelbuddy View Post
        that looks great!!

can you look at this swatch and tell me which one you chose?

its hard to tell because when you take pictures in different lighting, brown can look dark or tan depending on the lighting.

image001-01 by Shawn Robertson, on Flickr
        Originally posted by iLof View Post
        I also ordered a set from Lseat and could not be happier with the quality of their seats.
        The dark red is hard to photograph and show its proper color, but in person it's color is close enough to the original door cards.

The Dark Red seems to be the best match.
        sigpic

Comment

Anyone else have completed pictures to share?

How well have these covers held up so far?

Comment

does anyone know if they have a black perforated leather? their website doesnt seem very user friendly.
            1991 318is ---230K - DD
            1991 318i ---- 308K - retired

Originally posted by RickSloan
            so if you didnt get it like that did you glue fuzzy oil to the entire thing?

Comment

Originally posted by jrobie79 View Post
              does anyone know if they have a black perforated leather? their website doesnt seem very user friendly.
              Yes, just order black and add the perforated option.

So I've been working on mine for the last two weeks, about 2-3 hrs a night after work. It's not as easy as I initially thought, but having the right tools has made it much easier from when I first started. The rears are complete but I need to redo the back rear. Here's a pic of the fronts, hopefully I'll have them done by next weekend. The scarlet color may be a bit bright for most but I wanted something closer to BMW coral red rather than the tradition cardinal red. I'll eventually finish the door cards and rears panels in a two tone just like the left pic in the second picture.

Last edited by Mike36; 06-01-2018, 10:13 AM.
              sigpic

Comment

Still need to redo the rear back but I'm finally done with the fronts. They look a bit brighter in the photos for some reason. I'll try and take better pics later this week.

Before and after front

Overhead shot

Last edited by Mike36; 06-11-2018, 10:24 AM.
                sigpic

Comment

Looks sexy! Those black front seat coverts look a bit off tho.

Comment

Originally posted by luckybeard View Post
                    Looks sexy! Those black front seat coverts look a bit off tho.
                    Thank you!

I decided to go with the black covers since i'm going with a two tone theme. Door card centers will eventually be red.
                    sigpic

Comment

How have I been sleeping on these...
                      Originally posted by wholepailofwater
                      Q
                      :devil:

WTB: Dove Grey e36 Front Door Panels (2 door)

Comment

Originally posted by MSGGrunt View Post
                        I only ended up with two creases that I wish were not there but, I have seen other seat covers installed by E30 owners that did not appear to fit as nicely as these. So far I am very happy with them. Now to tackle the more intricate front seats.
                        Hi, great write-up here! Did you ever figure out how to remove these creases? Also, how is the install holding up? You had mentioned glue securing the leather to the front seat bottoms... Thanks!
                        R135 /// 1990 Alpinweiß II 325is
                        └┼┼┘ /// 1993 Black/Black Convertible (sold)

Comment

also curious about updates, I've got a couple seats that could use covers.
                          cars beep boop

Comment

Originally posted by Aleman View Post
                            Hi, great write-up here! Did you ever figure out how to remove these creases? Also, how is the install holding up? You had mentioned glue securing the leather to the front seat bottoms... Thanks!
                            https://www.leatherseats.comIn this LeatherSeats.com Tech Tips Video Eric goes over how to properly use a heat gun on leather to remove wrinkles. You should ...
                            sigpic

Comment

love the black seat backs. reminds me of my E46 M3 imola interior which has black seat backs as well.
                              www.instagram.com/snwmble
                              #snwmble

Current:
                              '05 BMW M3 - Silver Grey/Imola Red
                              '90 BMW 325iX - Sterling Silver/Houndstooth sport(5-speed converted)
                              '15 Mini Countryman - Blazing Red/Carbon Black

Past:
                              '01 Audi Allroad - Light Silver/Platinum Saber Black
                              '88 BMW 325iX - Diamond Schwarz/Silver sport *Sold*
                              '01.5 1.8TQ - Brilliant Black/Nogaro Alcantara ...after 8.5yrs, *Sold* =(
                              '90 BMW 325i - Schwarz/Tan sport *Sold*
                              '89 BMW 325ix - Diamond Schwarz/Black sport *Sold*

Comment

Thanks for being the guinea pigs guys. I am definitely ordering the dark brown seats to do my vert!
                                1991 sterling silver 318is
                                1987 alpine white 325i convertible

Comment

Working...
                                X