• Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Osku View Post
    Head:
    Ported Vanos head
    dual valve springs(NV)
    Custom CrMo retainers
    275/10.83mm regrinded cams with modified cam trays
    Ina Hydraulic Racing lifters(8krpm proof)
    ARP studs And cooper ring headgasket
    More info on these buckets? Are they the ones from a Corrado?

Also: Fucking nice build! Love your wiring, very nice!
    My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Originally posted by Loupoz View Post
      More info on these buckets? Are they the ones from a Corrado?!
      EDIT nothing

Comment

More info on these buckets? Are they the ones from a Corrado?

Also: Fucking nice build! Love your wiring, very nice!
        Yep,the ones for volkswagen originally.
        Bought them on ebay,measures are the same as bmw and they were also cheaper than bmw original ones. They seem to be working out nicely.

Thanks!! Maybe im a little perfectionist when it comes to things like wiring and the overall appearance of "homemade" engines,idea was to make an engine thats easy to maintain.
        Theres always something that need to be opened/removed and i hate it when hands are scraped by zip ties or clamps etc when your just trying to sort out a little leak or other small problem.
        E30 M50 Touring

Comment

Yep,the ones for volkswagen originally.
          Bought them on ebay,measures are the same as bmw and they were also cheaper than bmw original ones. They seem to be working out nicely.

Thanks!! Maybe im a little perfectionist when it comes to things like wiring and the overall appearance of "homemade" engines,idea was to make an engine thats easy to maintain.
          Theres always something that need to be opened/removed and i hate it when hands are scraped by zip ties or clamps etc when your just trying to sort out a little leak or other small problem.
          Nice! How high is your revlimit then?
          My 325I Mtech1 S54 Build

Comment

Nice! How high is your revlimit then?
            hard cut 7800rpm 150-200rpm is the soft cut zone
            Best power out at 7550rpm
            i dont think that the outcome would be significally bigger with few hundred rpm more.
            E30 M50 Touring

Comment

hard cut 7800rpm 150-200rpm is the soft cut zone
              Best power out at 7550rpm
              i dont think that the outcome would be significally bigger with few hundred rpm more.
              I'm curious to see a graph of this, just to see the curve. 700hp is no joke. I'm curious what the drive-able hp is though. I feel outside of 450hp all that extra HP isn't usable on the street. What's your opinion on this? How often do you get the chance to actually use the 700hp?

Comment

Originally posted by jeenyus View Post
                I'm curious to see a graph of this, just to see the curve. 700hp is no joke. I'm curious what the drive-able hp is though. I feel outside of 450hp all that extra HP isn't usable on the street. What's your opinion on this? How often do you get the chance to actually use the 700hp?

Its pretty driveable,stops the wheelspin at the end of 3rd gear with normal street tyres :D

i have electronic boost control so the amount of power can be limited at the smaller gears if necessary.
                Example 1-2 gears max boost is 0,5bar so it doesnt spin the tires too much

More is more.. there is never too much horsepower :up:

Just cruising/and little playing and accelerations last weekend and
                car worked great.

Decent consumption about 80liters of ethanol and 650km on the odometer.
                Thats more economical than my other touring.

In finland the ethanol is a lot cheaper than regular 98oct gasoline.
                0.96€/liter vs 1.58€/liter
                So its cheaper and environmentally better to have a turbocharged engine :p
                E30 M50 Touring

Comment

That torque curve is no joke too! Basically at 4k, that's probably such an animal to drive around town. Great work.

Those coilpacks look like the ones Audi use for the 1.8t

Comment

Did you consider cleaning the rear door handles (or even welding the doors shut alltogether)?
                    I personally think that rear doors with no rear seat look weird.
                    E30-Fan from Germany, here to learn about and get some inspiration for my next car.

Comment

That torque curve is no joke too! Basically at 4k, that's probably such an animal to drive around town. Great work.

Those coilpacks look like the ones Audi use for the 1.8t
                      Coils are from a lamborghini ;)
                      (also audi uses same coils but it sound s lot cooler and expensive to say lambo)

Originally posted by Max S View Post
                      Did you consider cleaning the rear door handles (or even welding the doors shut alltogether)?
                      I personally think that rear doors with no rear seat look weird.
                      Why on earth would i wanna do that,its more practical to dump the groceries on trunk from rear door :D
                      E30 M50 Touring

Comment

Coils are from a lamborghini ;)
                        (also audi uses same coils but it sound s lot cooler and expensive to say lambo)
                        haha! Lambo does sound much cooler.

Comment

haha! Lambo does sound much cooler.
                          lol nice. The coils I use are from a Ferrari F40 :)
                          Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
                          A Topless Memorandum

Comment

Summer has gone and the driving seasong is going to end soon.
                            Im happy to tell you that this summers goals were achieved.

Heres what i hoped and set to be the goals for this summer at the early spring before the driving season was started.

1/4mile Drag Goal was set under 12seconds
                            Standing mile Goal was to achieve over 300km/h

So here`s the results that we ended up with.

Best Quartermile at the airport track,with a old hardened Kumho V700 street tyres
                            11.860sec @210km/h
                            60feet 2.08sec

Standing mile 302km/h at the lappeenranta airport,0-300km/h 24,7seconds. <-- Thats faster than average stock lamborghini

Maybe this could be a little more if we take more power out of the engine with higher boost,and not give a fuck about the reliability (there was only 1,1-1,25bar of boost on that pull)
                            Did not see the point of trying to go faster at the risk of engine failure due to unreliable tune at the ECU,maybe in future ill try to go even faster..

Car was inspected to road use,in finland everything thats modified need to be inspected and proved to road legal use.
                            This is now totally street legal and all the mods are in registration speficition and i can use it as a daily driver if i want so.

heres an incar video from the standing mile,there was a problem with the GPS signal on GoPro so this time there was not able to get the speed shown in video.

https://youtu.be/fE-w90TrF4Y

I think ill need to upload a few new photos of the car from various events throughout the summer.

One from the scandinavians biggest bmw event

Sorry for the size

Last edited by Osku; 09-23-2018, 03:39 AM.
                            E30 M50 Touring

Comment

Working...
                            X