Convince me not to buy ITBs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Convince me not to buy ITBs

How pointless would ITBs be in an otherwise stock motor?
    Head, block and cam all factory M20B25 stuff

You will find a lot of information here.
    ADAMS Autosport

Comment

stock intake sux
      Current Collection: 1990 325is // 1987 325i Vert // 2003 525i 5spd // 1985 380SL // 1992 Ranger 5spd // 2005 Avalanche // 2024 Honda Grom SP

Comment

Make them don't buy them...

Comment

^^^

Originally posted by 2mAn
          The BMW V6 is the best

Comment

Downside: It will be ~$3k, closer to 4K, for a nicely driving and well tuned ITB setup, giving about 30whp over stock.

I guess I won't give you upsides... but I chose to build a 2.9 with ITBs and no regrets..
            Drive it hard. Maintain it well.

Convertible Technical & Discussion
            A Topless Memorandum

Comment

really its only the cost aspect and you want to be handy enough to be able to pull it apart and reinstall it yourself and set it up properly.

the airbox that comes with it is a very tight fit depending on engine mounts etc some report rubbing and contact, you would not want one without an airbox or airfilter
              89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

Can you get by with a chipped ecu or is an aftermarket mandatory ?
                Seat Shocks....I have passed the baton to John Christy from Ninestitch. Email John or Garrett at ninestitch1@gmail.com

https://www.r3vlimited.com/board/sho...86#post4944786
                Alice the Time Capsule
                http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=360504
                87 Zinno Cabrio barn find 98k and still smells like a barn. Build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/show...20#post3455220

Comment

Originally posted by jeffnhiscars View Post
                  Can you get by with a chipped ecu or is an aftermarket mandatory ?
                  you will have to run Alpha N. I know Miller can do Factory ECU controlled Alpha N system on S14. They were talking about looking into M20s a few years back...don't know if it's available.

Comment

Do it. Obviously you want to or this thread wouldn't exist.

Instagram: Reichart12

Comment

I also want to do it, but I'm more interested in the beautiful noise they make more so than the nice power boost.

Comment

You can run maf with the warchip custom + tune. Standalone is the way to go though.
                        89 E30 325is Lachs Silber - currently M20B31, M20B33 in the works, stroked to the hilt...

new build thread http://www.r3vlimited.com/board/showthread.php?t=317505

Comment

On a stock engine? Lots of money and not much power. If you're after performance don't bother unless your wallet is sumo fat so you can build an engine worth putting them on, if you're after intake sound, response and aesthetics, do bother.

IG @turbovarg
                          '91 318is, M20 turbo
                          [CoTM: 4-18]
                          '94 525iT slicktop, M50B30 + S362SX-E, 600WHP DD or bust
                          - updated 3-17

Comment

ITB is a goal for my 2.9 stroker as well. My plan was: 1.build the engine (done), drop it in with motronics and work out all issues (in progress) 2. get MS, tune it with the stock intake (to familiarize myself with MS), get ITB as an icing on the cake.
                            Looking at ITB's current prices, I probably should have gotten it sooner....looks like prices came up (exchange rate??)

Comment

Originally posted by mr2peak View Post
                              Downside: giving about 7whp over stock but 13 ft/lbs less torque

heh

t
                              now, sometimes I just mess with people. It's more entertaining that way. george graves

Comment

Working...
                              X